DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plastic Antioxidants Market by Type and Distribution Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global plastic antioxidants market was valued at $3,020.9 million in 2018, and is projected to reach $4,962.2 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2019 to 2026.
Antioxidants are chemicals that reduce or control the degradation process of plastics. They help in terminating the process of auto oxidation and are commonly used as plastic additives in approximately 95% of plastic products. They are categorized into five types, namely primary antioxidants, secondary antioxidants, multi-functional antioxidants, hydroxylamines, and carbon-centered radical scavengers.
Antioxidants are plastic additives that help in eliminating the plastic degradation process to extend the overall plastic lifecycle. Therefore, growth in plastic production and its resulting demand in various end-use industries is the major factor that drives the growth of this market. Plastics are cost-effective in nature as compared to other material, such as metals, for which there is a significant demand in the market to fulfill manufacturing needs. The automotive industry is shifting toward building fuel-efficient vehicles and hence manufacturers are looking for various materials to reduce the overall vehicle weight. In such condition, plastic has a proven track record that not only reduces vehicle weight but also lowers the costs over metals. As a result, plastic is highly preferred in the automotive industry, thereby boosting the demand for plastic antioxidants. On the other hand, being a crude-based product, plastic leads to few health and environmental hazards that restrains the overall market growth. Moreover, increase in use of plastic in the agriculture sector is expected to offer new growth opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations of the global plastic antioxidant market from 2018 to 2026 to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Estimations and forecast are based on factors impacting the market growth, in terms of both value and volume.
- Profiles of leading players operating in the market are provided to understand the global competitive scenario.
- The report provides extensive qualitative insights on the significant segments and regions exhibiting favorable market growth.
Key findings of the study:
- The plastic antioxidants market is analyzed from 2018 to 2026
- The qualitative data in this report aims at the market dynamics, trends, and developments in the plastic antioxidants industry
- The plastic antioxidants market size in provided in terms of volume & revenue
- Based on type, the phenols segment emerged as the major revenue-generating segment in 2018 due to its major application in plastic production
- Based on polymer resin, the polyethylene segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018, and is anticipated to be the largest one by the end of the forecast period. Increase in demand for high-density and low-density polyethylene in the automotive, construction, and other industries is driving the demand for plastic antioxidants in polyethylene production
- Asia-Pacific is the largest regional market due to the highest automotive production and sales outlook, strong industrial growth, and the presence of emerging economies such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea. China recorded the highest plastic production as well as demand over the past few years due to its emergence as the global manufacturing hub; leading Asia-Pacific to account for major market share
- Apart from the large consumer base of plastics, the factors such as growth in environmental awareness, rise in adoption of bio-based chemicals, and health hazards associated with plastic additives restrain the growth of the market
- Increase in use of plastic in the agriculture sector is projected to offer new growth opportunities to the global plastic antioxidants market during the forecast period
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits For Stakeholders
1.3. Key Market Segments
1.4. Research Methodology
1.5. Analyst Tools And Models
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings of The Study
2.2. CXO Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5. Market Dynamics
3.6. Patent Analysis (2015-2018)
3.7. Regulatory Outlook
3.8. Pricing Analysis
3.9. Case Study
Chapter 4: Global Plastic Antioxidants Market, By Type
4.5. Organic Sulfides
4.6. Antioxidant Blends
Chapter 5: Global Plastic Antioxidants Market By Polymer Resin
5.1. Market Size And Forecast By Polymer Resin
5.4. Polyvinyl Chloride
5.6. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (Abs)
Chapter 6: Global Plastic Antioxidants Market, By Form
Chapter 7: Global Plastic Antioxidants Market, By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Competitive Landscape
8.2. Top Winning Strategies
8.3. Product Mapping of Top 10 Player
8.4. Competitive Heatmap
8.5. Key Developments
Chapter 9: Company Profiles:
9.1. Basf Se
9.2. Si Group
9.3. Solvay S.A.
9.4. Clariant Ag
9.6. Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited
9.7. Dover Chemical Corporation
9.8. Everspring Chemical Co., Ltd.
9.9. Amfine Chemical Corporation
9.10. 3V Sigma S.P.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/35tb3j