BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As the new decade breaks, technology in the enterprise appears to sit at yet another inflection point. Under that principle, Acorio launched its second annual ServiceNow Insight and Vision Report, the only full-scale analysis with original data and insights on the Global ServiceNow ecosystem.
New data unearthed in the 2020 Report supports and expands the assertion that the pace of Digital Transformation has dramatically accelerated. ServiceNow has now successfully positioned itself into the Enterprise fabric for the world’s leading companies, backed by a nearly 20 percent growth of organizations using four or more applications of the platform. However, the Report also explores the construct that there are many layers to successfully building this digital tapestry of the future including insights on tactical and operational challenges that have the power to inhibit overall growth.
The main assertion of the Report is clear: ServiceNow is gearing up to be the heartbeat of the modern enterprise – the workflow engine that unites and empowers all other enterprise technology. But the question still remains: Are companies today ready to capitalize on the change they say they have been waiting for?
The full report is available here or you may explore two major themes below.
1. Digital Transformation and ESM strategies have hit wide-scale adoption – and investment in the entire ServiceNow Platform rose significantly in the past year.
- 65% of organizations are currently deploying a Digital Transformation strategy, and 73% report executing on Enterprise Service Management initiatives (the IT execution arm for digital service initiatives).
- These initiatives are still relatively new – of the companies engaging in digital transformation, 23% are just getting started, while just 2% consider them complete.
- Investment in the ServiceNow Suite of products showed aggressive growth – the number of individuals investing in 4+ ServiceNow Platform elements (IT, HR, Customer Service, etc.) grew nearly 3X in one year, now sitting at 31%.
- The IT platform continues to dominate, but the expansion products of HR and Customer Service both grew by six percent, and SecOps investment rose 5% in just one year.
- Looking to the future, over half of organizations today are focused on automation and Artificial Intelligence as keys to the future, while 52% are looking at their Customer Experience.
2. A dramatic lack of Enterprise-wide strategy and effective organizational structure puts transformation success at Risk
- While 65% of firms report they are interested in Digital Transformation, only 52% have Strategic Roadmaps to execute on that strategy using for ServiceNow, and a rising 20% of respondents don’t know if they have one or not.
- Of those with a strategic vision for ServiceNow, 55% report that strategy has changed in the past year, and 18% don’t know if it has changed.
- Perhaps, as a result, satisfaction for Digital Transformation and ESM strategies both receive failing grades, with overall satisfaction for digital transformation receiving a 6.6 of 10, and ESM eking out a grade of 6.9.
- Companies are facing ServiceNow growing pains – the No 1 challenge facing companies using ServiceNow today is our Roadmap keeps growing beyond what we can keep up with, with a lack of experienced resources to do the work ranking third.
- Further, while ServiceNow adoption is coming to the entire organization, budgets still live in IT, with the CIO making the priorities for over half of all companies today.
About the Insight and Vision Report and Survey
In 2018, Acorio saw the need in the market for original data and a full-scale analysis of ServiceNow with data directly from its users, to explore what matters to our clients and the ecosystem at large. So, they decided to ask them.
In the inaugural survey, the company received 325 unique responses and 250 write-in comments on strategic roadmaps, all of which confirmed the anecdotal insight the consultancy was seeing of Digital Transformation’s significant impact in the trenches of Service Management.
This year, the survey grew even more. Launched in October of 2019, the 2020 Insight and Vision Survey garnered nearly 430 unique replies, from Enterprises, IT leaders and platform practitioners around the globe. Full Survey methodology and demographics are available in the Report.
An Elite ServiceNow partner, Acorio is the largest pure-play ServiceNow consultancy in the world. Founded in 2013 by a team of consulting veterans, the firm now employs over 200 employees focusing 100 percent on ServiceNow. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Acorio has nine regional hubs across the U.S. and an international presence in Spain and Australia. The consultancy serves Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 clients in multiple industries ranging from Finance and Healthcare to Defense and Engineering.
One of the Boston breakout start-up successes, Acorio was named a 2020 Best-of-the-Best professional service firms by SPI's and made the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2019 and 2018. Acorio has also earned back-to-back-to-back placement on Boston Business Journal's Fast50 companies to watch and is an employer of choice according to Inc. Magazine.