DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Ground to Air On-Board Connectivity Market by Component, Technology, Application, and End Use: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global ground to air on-board connectivity market was valued at $9.68 billion in 2018, and is projected to reach $24.44 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 13.8% from 2019 to 2026.
On-board connectivity refers to Internet connectivity in aircraft, ships, railways, and other modes of transportation systems. The on-board connectivity services include mobile phone Internet access, wireless Internet access, and other data sharing services. In addition, it allows smartphones, tablets, and laptops to send and receive texts, emails, and other multi-media messages. Although, the purpose of on-board connectivity for trains, ships, and on airplanes differs, the major reason behind its offering is to keep passengers entertained while travelling. In addition, many airlines, trains, and public transportation buses have started offering on-board connectivity to their customers, which is fuels the ground to air on-board connectivity market growth.
An increase in IT expenditure in aviation, railway, and maritime industries and rise in disposable income of consumers are the major factors that fuel the demand for the ground market. In addition, liberalization in the transportation sector in the emerging markets is also drives the market growth. However, high cost associated with the deployment of on-board connectivity systems is expected to impede the market growth. In addition, connectivity issue is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market, as high-speed trains move quickly from one cellular tower to another. Furthermore, an increase in government initiatives to enhance customer services are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the growth of the ground to air on-board connectivity market.
The global ground to air on-board connectivity market is segmented on the basis of component, application, end use, and region. By component, it is classified into hardware and services. As per application, it is categorized into entertainment and communication. By end use, it is divided into maritime, railway, aviation, and on-road transit. Region-wise it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global ground to air on-board connectivity market along with current trends & future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their impact analyses on the market is provided.
- Porter's five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2018 to 2026 is provided to determine the market potential.
Key Findings of the Ground to Air On-Board Connectivity Market:
- Based on component, services segment generated the highest revenue and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly attributed to growth in on-board connectivity technology. The service providers for services such as managed, consulting, and integration and implementation are expected to boost the growth of the market.
- Based on ground to air on-board connectivity market analysis of application segment, the entertainment segment dominated the overall market growth in 2018 and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period, due to increase in IT investments into aviation, maritime, and railways by government organizations and several other companies.
- Based on ground to air on-board connectivity market size for end use segment, the aviation segment generated the highest revenue in 2018. On the contrary, on-road transit is expected to grow at higher rate due to increasing deployment of connected devices on buses and other private vehicles.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits For Stakeholders
1.3. Research Methodology
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. Cxo Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.3. Porter'S Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Key Player Positioning, 2018
3.5. Market Dynamics
3.6. Case Studies: On-Board Connectivity Solutions
Chapter 4: Ground To Air On-Board Connectivity Market, By Components
Chapter 5: Ground To Air On-Board Connectivity Market, By Application
Chapter 6: Ground To Air On-Board Connectivity Market, By End Use
6.5. On-Road Transit
Chapter 7: Ground To Air On-Board Connectivity Market, By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profile
8.1. Ale International
8.3. Global Eagle
8.4. Gogo Inc
8.5. Honeywell International Inc.
8.6. Inmarsat Plc.
8.7. Panasonic Corporation
8.8. Rockwell Collins (United Technologies)
8.9. Thales Group
8.10. Deutsche Telekom Ag
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8gw6xn