DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, 2020-2030: Service Providers (Whole Genome, Whole Exome and Targeted Sequencing) and Technology Platforms" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Advances in DNA sequencing technologies have led to significant developments in a variety of healthcare-focused research fields, such as precision medicine and diagnostics. Particularly, the impact of next generation sequencing (NGS) methods, enabling whole genome and whole exome sequencing, has been the most profound. This high throughput, parallel genome sequencing technology has greatly reduced the overall cost and time investment. In fact, compared to the Human Genome Project (~USD 3 billion), the cost of sequencing a single genome has decreased to USD 1,000, using currently available technologies. Owing to the ongoing innovation in this field, stakeholders believe that the aforementioned cost may get further reduced to USD 100 over the next decade.
This decrease in genome sequencing costs has led to a marked increase in the number of genomes being sequenced around the world. In fact, several large scale efforts, such as UK Biobank and GenomeAsia 100k, have been initiated in order to collect genomic data for use in medical research.
This report features:
- An overview of the genome sequencing service providers landscape, featuring information on year of establishment, company size, geographical location and types of services offered. It provides details on the cost of services, sequencing systems used, average turn-around time and sequencing coverage, for certain types of sequencing-related services offered by contract service providers.
- An overview of genome sequencing technologies landscape, featuring information on type of applications, run time, maximum reads per run, maximum sequencing output, maximum read length, type of sequencing technique, quality score and cost.
- An in-depth analysis of intellectual property related to this field of research, in order to generate an opinion on how the industry has evolved from the R&D perspective. The analysis takes into consideration genome sequencing-related patents that have been filed/granted since 2015, highlighting publication year, issuing authority/patent offices involved, CPC symbols, emerging focus areas, leading players, patent characteristics and geography.
- An analysis of completed, ongoing and planned clinical studies related to genome sequencing, featuring details on registration year, type of sponsors/collaborators, current status of trials, type of study design, target therapeutic area, type of application, regional distribution of clinical trials and enrolled patient population.
- An analysis of the various genome sequencing-focused initiatives of the ten big pharma players, highlighting the key focus areas of such companies along with information on funding, collaboration and acquisition activity.
- A case study on the various national and international, government sponsored initiatives related to genome sequencing, analyzed on the basis of year of initiation, type of investors, type of participant organization, research objectives, geographical distribution, region-specific data access policies and key focus areas of research.
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Chapter Overview
3.2. Overview of Genome Sequencing
3.3. Types of Genome Sequencing
3.4. History and Evolution of Genome Sequencing
3.5. Practical Relevance of Genome Sequencing
3.6. Applications of Genome Sequencing
3.7. Challenges Associated with Genome Sequencing
3.8. Future Perspectives
4. GENOME SEQUENCING SERVICE PROVIDERS: MARKET LANDSCAPE
4.1. Chapter Overview
4.2. Genome Sequencing Service Providers: Market Landscape of Industry Players
4.3. Genome Sequencing Service Providers: Market Landscape of Non-Industry Players
5. GENOME SEQUENCING TECHNOLOGIES: MARKET LANDSCAPE
5.1. Chapter Overview
5.2. Genome Sequencing Technologies: Overall Market Landscape
6. PLATFORM COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
6.1. Chapter Overview
6.2. Methodology and Key Parameters
7. COMPANY PROFILES: GENOME SEQUENCING SERVICE PROVIDERS
8. COMPANY PROFILES: GENOME SEQUENCING TECHNOLOGY PROVIDERS
9. PATENT ANALYSIS
9.1. Chapter Overview
9.2. Scope and Methodology
9.3. Genome Sequencing: Analysis of Patent Portfolio
9.4. Emerging Focus Areas
9.5. Leading Players: Analysis by Number of Patents
9.6. Genome Sequencing: Patent Benchmarking Analysis
10. CLINICAL TRIAL ANALYSIS
10.1. Chapter Overview
10.2. Scope and Methodology
10.3. Genome Sequencing: Clinical Trial Analysis
11. GENOME SEQUENCING RELATED INITIATIVES OF BIG PHARMA PLAYERS
12. CASE STUDY: GOVERNMENT SPONSORED INITIATIVES
13. MARKET FORECAST
13.1. Chapter Overview
13.2. Overall Next Generation Sequencing Market, 2020-2030
13.3. Next Generation Sequencing Market: Distribution across Key Market Segments, 2020-2030
13.4. Next Generation Sequencing Market: Distribution by Application Area, 2020 and 2030
13.5. Next Generation Sequencing Market: Distribution by End-Users, 2020 and 2030
13.6. Next Generation Sequencing Market: Distribution by Geographical Regions, 2020 and 2030
14. FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
Some companies mentioned include:
- Active Motif
- Admera Health
- AgriGenome Labs
- Gene by Gene
- Gilead Sciences
- Johnson and Johnson
- Kapa Biosystems
- LC Sciences
- Loxo Oncology
- Stratos Genomics
- Synbio Technologies
- Theragen Etex Bio
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Toldot Genetics
- WuXi NextCODE
- Xcelris Labs
- Yaazh Xenomics
- Yikon Genomics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4g5irp