DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sports Apparel Market by End User and Distribution Channel: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to this report the sports apparel market size was valued at $167.7 billion in 2018 and is estimated to reach $248.1 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.1% from 2019 to 2026.
In 2018, the men end user segment accounted for more than half of the share in the total sports apparel market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% throughout the forecast period. U.S. is one of the prominent regions in the market that accounted for a sizeable share of the total market in 2018. Sports apparel are mainly worn during workout sessions or while playing sports. They are designed to provide comfort and agility while performing physical movements.
Sports apparel are made using breathable fabrics that allow sweat to evaporate faster, helping the person wearing it remains fresh for long. Polyester, microfiber, calico, and spandex are some of the most commonly used fabrics in the production of these clothing. Initially, the sports apparel was mostly worn by athletes but, with time, it has become quite common with regular gym-goers and other non-athletes.
The sports apparel market has witnessed significant growth over the years and is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecasted period. The factors that drive the sports apparel market growth include growth in health awareness and increase in adoption of fitness activities such as aerobics, swimming, running, and yoga among consumers. Moreover, rise in participation of women in sports and fitness activities along with celebrity endorsement has paved the way for sports apparel.
Key Benefits of the Report
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market trends, estimations, and dynamics of the market size from 2018 to 2026 to identify the prevailing sports apparel market opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the size and segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- The major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry.
The market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players in the sports apparel industry.
Key Findings of the Sports Apparel Market:
- The sports apparel market was valued at 167.7 billion in 2018 and is estimated to reach $248.1 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% through the forecast period.
- Based on end user, the women segment would witness the fastest growth, registering a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
- In 2018, based on end user, the men segment held the highest share, accounting for more than half of the global market share.
- In 2018, China was the most prominent market in the Asia-Pacific region and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR throughout the forecast period.
North America was the dominant region in 2018, accounting for more the one third of the global sports apparel market share.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Parent/Peer Market Overview
3.3. Key Forces Shaping Sports Apparel Industry/Market
3.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2. Threat of New Entrants
3.3.3. Threat of Substitutes
3.3.4. Intensity of Rivalry
3.3.5. Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4. Value Chain Analysis
3.5. Market Dynamics
Chapter 4: Sports Apparel Market, By End User
4.2.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors And Opportunities
4.2.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.2.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.3.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.3.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.3.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.4.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.4.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.4.3. Market Analysis By Country
Chapter 5: Sports Apparel Market, By Distribution Channel
5.4. Brand Outlets
5.5. Discount Stores
Chapter 6: Sports Apparel Market, By Region
6.2. North America
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
7.1. Adidas Ag (Adidas)
7.2. Columbia Sportswear Company
7.3. Fila Inc.
7.4. New Balance
7.5. Nike, Inc. (Nike)
7.6. Lululemon Athletica Inc.
7.7. Puma Se
7.8. Ralph Lauren Corporation
7.9. Under Armour, Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g1pvcs