DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Food Grade Gases Market by Type, Application, and End User: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to this report, the global food grade gases market size was valued at $6.4 billion in 2018, and is projected to reach $8.1 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.2% from 2019 to 2026.
Food grade gases are additives, which play a significant role in the preservation and food packaging processes. These gases are majorly used to grind, freeze, and package a variety of products, which include dairy & bakery items, fish & seafood, beverages, poultry products, vegetables & fruits, and prepared meals. In addition, for maintaining the quality of food, the use of food-grade gases has increased in the food industry. The major gas used in food processing applications is modified atmosphere packaging (MAP), which is used to preserve minimally processed food products such as meat, fish, vegetables, and fruits. In addition, MAP prevents the spoilage of food by inhibiting microbial growth, oxidation as well as preventing discoloration and moisture loss.
Consumers have a perception that frozen food products are low grade as compared to fresh food. However, this perception is rapidly changing, owing to the introduction of improved freezing technologies, which help in preserving perishables without the addition of artificial flavoring agents and chemicals. For instance, the cold pressing or cryogenic technology using gases such as nitrogen or carbon dioxide has gained traction in recent years. The process includes injecting liquid carbon dioxide or nitrogen to eliminate heat. Thus, the increase in uses of food-grade gases for freezing and increasing the shelf life of food products is a key factor that contributes toward the growth of the global food grade gases market. However, the implementation of stringent government regulations toward the use of industrial gases restricts the growth of the food-grade gases market.
Furthermore, an increase in demand for frozen food products in developed and developing countries, owing to an increase in urbanization, a rise in disposable income, and expansion of retail networks to boost the demand for food-grade gases. In addition, the demand for food-grade gases is witnessed to increase significantly, as they prevent food products from fungal and microbial contamination, thereby enhancing their shelf life, which is anticipated to augment the growth of the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global food grade gases market from 2018 to 2026 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The study provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes an analysis of the regional as well as global market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Key Findings of the Food Grade Gases Market:
- Based on type, the carbon dioxide segment dominated the global food grade gases market in 2018, and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the food grade gases market forecast.
- Depending on application, the freezing & chilling segment accounted for highest share in the food grade gases market in 2018, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2019 to 2026.
- By end user, the beverages segment was the major shareholder in 2018, and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.2% from 2019 to 2026.
- Region wise, Europe accounted for about 31.4% food grade gases market share in 2018, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.7%.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Market Segments
1.3. Key Benefits
1.4. Research Methodology
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. Cxo Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Landscape
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.3. Porter'S Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Market Share Analysis/Top Player Positioning
3.5. Market Dynamics
Chapter 4: Food Grade Gases Market By Type
4.2. Carbon Dioxide
Chapter 5: Food Grade Gases Market By Application
5.2. Freezing And Chilling
5.3. Packaging And Carbonation
Chapter 6: Food Grade Gases Market By End Users
6.3. Meat And Seafood
6.4. Packaged Products
Chapter 7: Food Grade Gases Market By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
8.1. Air Liquide S.A.
8.2. Air Products And Chemicals, Inc.
8.3. Air Water Inc.
8.4. Coregas Pty Ltd
8.5. Gulf Cyro,
8.6. Linde Plc
8.7. Sol Group
8.8. Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
8.9. The Massy Gas Products (Trinidad) Ltd
8.10. The Messer Group Gmbh
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6hnjzm