DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Advanced Certificate in Operational Management (ACOM)" training has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This course will identify the key drivers in delivering exceptional operational performance by looking at vision and mission statements, strategic objectives cascading into team and individual objectives, and the identification, transparency and effectiveness of business measurements that in turn link to their performance and how they are appraised.
Operational Management and Leadership are about getting the most out of your teams and delivering exceptional results. With the ever increasing budgetary demands on all organisations, be it the private or public sector, staff productivity and discretional effort is becoming ever more critical.
This paradoxically at a time when customer and stakeholder expectations and demands are ever increasing as service excellence becomes the differentiator between the success of your business and its competitors. If in the public sector, why should those paying for your service similarly not expect this to be world class?
Whilst organisations often say people are their greatest assets, unengaged, unmotivated and underperforming ones can also be their greatest liability; remember you are only as good and successful as the team you have around you. The true measure of the value of any business leader and manager is performance.
In summary, it's about delivering results through people by ensuring the complete engagement of your teams that in turn delivers and responds to the increasing demands of service excellence and your bottom line.
On completion of this five-day training course you will receive your certificate which has been fully accredited by Qualifi, an official UK Government recognised awarding body.
By attending this interactive ACOMTM course you will be equipped with the skills to:
- Understand and appreciate the key drivers in delivering Operational Management
- Ensure that you and your teams are aligned to your organizational strategic objectives
- Review and understand the difference between leadership and management and where you sit in this
- Ensure financial delivery including budgetary principles and team buy in.
- Deliver service excellence through a customer-centric culture
- Support the human resources framework through staff appraisals
- Understand your personality traits and the potential impact on others
- Effectively monitor, measure and manage operational performance
- Achieve significant improvements in staff engagement and motivation
Key Topics Covered
Aligning Operations to Organizational Strategy
- Corporate Vision and Mission
- The setting of organizational/departmental objectives
- Cascading objectives
Operational Performance Management
- Measures of operational success
- Other drivers
- Linkage to objective setting
- The Circle of Success
- To budget or not?
- Principles of budgeting
- Explore direct and indirect costs
- Use in driving forecasting
- Tracking variances
- Beyond budgeting
- Leading v's managing
- Identifying the difference and where you sit
- Understanding your personality traits and how
- this impacts on others
- Importance of a balanced team
- Operational structures and span of control
- Quality Assurance & Total Quality Management
- The 10 Commandments
- The importance of the Internal Customer
Other operational Drivers
- Procurement, price and partnerships
- Understanding Trends
- Setting of KPI's and their parameters
- Measuring and using SLA's
- Support of contracts and use for bids
- Health & Safety
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- What is a project
- Project methodologies
- Work breakdown structures
- Project estimating
- Implementing effective project governance
- Controlling the project, including status meetings and issues management
- Root Cause Analysis
- Driving Change
- Monitoring progress
- Positive movement of the goal posts
- Principle of reviews and clarity of measurements
- Personal Development Plans
- Succession Planning
- Performance related pay
- The differing influencers of motivation
- Staff engagement and communication
- Engaging staff from recruitment onwards
The programme will include a series of group exercises, a personality profile and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
1 Personality Profiling Test, plus up to 8 Detailed and Relevant Case studies.
Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Operational Management ACOM.
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pjme5v