DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Influenza Vaccine Market by Vaccine Type, Type, Technology, Age Group, and Route of Administration: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global influenza vaccine market was valued at $3.96 billion in 2018, and is projected to reach $6.20 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.9% from 2019 to 2026.
Influenza, commonly known as flu, is a contagious respiratory infection caused by influenza viruses. Four types of influenza viruses include type A, B, C, and D. The most common types of influenza viruses responsible for seasonal flu each year are type A and B. These viruses enter into the respiratory system of an individual, and are transmitted to other individuals by direct contact or inhalation of virus-laden aerosols. The ideal method to prevent influenza is through vaccination.
The key factors that drive the growth of the global influenza vaccine market include increase in government initiatives to ensure well-being of population, minimal side effects associated with influenza vaccines, advancements in existing vaccines, and development of new vaccines. In addition, upsurge in funding and investments by companies in R&D activities supplements the growth of this market. However, longer timelines required for vaccine production and higher costs associated with the development hinder the growth of the market globally. Conversely, routine immunization programs in developed and developing countries are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for market expansion.
The global influenza vaccines market is segmented into vaccine type, type, technology, age group, route of administration, and region. By vaccine type, it is bifurcated into quadrivalent and trivalent. Depending on type, it is segregated into seasonal and pandemic. As per technology, it is classified into egg-based and cell-based. According to age group, it is divided into pediatric and adult. On the basis of route of administration, it is categorized into injection and nasal spray. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and future estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- An inodepth analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders to formulate regionospecific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global influenza vaccine market is provided.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that allows companies to strategically plan their business moves.
Key Findings of the Influenza Vaccine Market:
- Based on technology, the egg-based segment was the major revenue contributor in 2018 and is anticipated to continue this trend during the forecast period.
- Based on age group, its pediatric segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR with 6.1% during the forecast period.
- Depending on route of administration, the injection segment was the largest revenue contributor in 2018 and is expected to continue this trend from 2019 to 2026.
- U.S. generated the highest revenue in the global influenza vaccine market in 2018, accounting for more than two-fifth of the global market in 2018.
- LAMEA is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits For Stakeholders
1.3. Key Market Segments
1.4. Research Methodology
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings of The Study
2.2. Cxo Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.2.1. Top Investment Pockets
3.2.2. Top Winning Strategies
3.3. Porter'S Five Force Analysis
3.4. Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168. High Prevalence of Influenza
22.214.171.124. Increase In Government Focus On Immunization Programs
126.96.36.199. Emerging Vaccines
188.8.131.52. Technological Progress In Vaccine Administration
184.108.40.206. Longer Timelines And Implementation of Stringent Regulations
220.127.116.11. High Costs Associated With The Development of Vaccines
18.104.22.168. High Growth Prospects In Emerging Markets
Chapter 4: Influenza Vaccine Market, By Vaccine Type
Chapter 5: Influenza Vaccine Market, By Type
5.2. Seasonal Influenza Vaccine
5.3. Pandemic Influenza Vaccine
Chapter 6: Influenza Vaccine Market, By Technology
6.3. Cell Culture
Chapter 7: Influenza Vaccine Market, By Age Group
Chapter 8: Influenza Vaccine Market, By Route of Administration
8.3. Nasal Spray
Chapter 9: Global Influenza Vaccine Market, By Region
9.2. North America
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
10.1. Astrazeneca Plc
10.3. Csl Limited
10.4. Emergent Biosolutions
10.5. F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
10.6. Gamma Vaccines Pty Ltd.
10.7. Glaxosmithkline Plc
10.8. Merck & Co., Inc.
10.9. Novartis Ag
10.10. Pfizer, Inc.
10.12. Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/h0q1ef