The increased adoption of digital strategy has disrupted the Indian healthcare industry. The rising demand for online appointment scheduling and remote consultation has fueled the growth of the mobile healthcare market in the country. In terms of revenue, the India mobile healthcare market was valued at INR 39.83 Bn in 2018 and is estimated to reach INR 197.14 Bn by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 31.07% during the 2019-2024 period. Reduced cost burden, improved patient interaction, and data accuracy have encouraged the acceptance of mobile healthcare in the country. The market is fragmented with the presence of emerging start-ups and various global players, strengthening their footprint in India.
The rise of digital technologies, coupled with supportive governmental policies, has augmented the growth of the mobile healthcare market in India. The number of mobile subscribers grew at a rate of ~7.1% during the 2014-2018 period, whereas the number of Internet subscribers grew at ~18.4% during the same period. The Indian government, being a key stakeholder, have formulated effective policies and projects to boost the market.
The emergence of corporate wellness programs is likely to play an essential role in driving the market growth. Users' health data is monitored using wearable devices and healthcare apps, which allow employers to take preventive actions to reduce insurance costs. Various advantages, including patient-centric care, proactive response, improved access, and reduced cost, have bolstered the adoption of mobile healthcare to fulfill the gaps of the traditional healthcare ecosystem.
However, challenges regarding poor technology infrastructure, uncertainty in performance, and data security have been impeding market growth. New entrants are struggling to establish their footprint in the market due to lack of adequate knowledge and attention of policymakers, and an instable revenue model. Moreover, owing to India's linguistic diversity, the absence of language localization becomes a challenge. As a result, the lack of multilingual communication is slowing down adoption among consumers in the country.
Mobile healthcare in India is projected to witness the implementation of disrupting technologies like Internet of Things (IoT), Internet of Medical Things (IoMT), artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning. IoMT is anticipated to find extensive application in remote monitoring, ICU vitals monitoring, ambulance vitals monitoring, indoor navigation, and data interoperability from conventional devices.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Executive summary
Chapter 2: Socio-economic indicators
Chapter 3: Introduction
- Market definition and structure
- Services offered by mobile healthcare
Chapter 4: Market overview
- Mobile healthcare market in India - overview
- Market size and growth forecast
- Investments in the health-tech market in India
- India mobile healthcare market - PEST analysis
Chapter 5: Market segmentation
- Mobile healthcare market in India - segmentation
- India mobile healthcare market share based on type (%) (2019-2024)
- India mobile healthcare devices market revenue (INR Bn) (2016-2024)
- India mobile healthcare services market revenue (INR Bn) (2016-2024)
Chapter 6: Market influencers
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
Chapter 7: Competitive landscape
- HealthifyMe Wellness Private Limited
- Company information
- Business description
- Key people
- Lybrate India Private Limited
- Practo Technologies Private Limited
- Fitbit India Private Limited
- GOQii Technologies Private Limited
- OMRON Healthcare India Private Limited
- Roche Diabetes Care India Private Limited
- Samsung India Electronics Private Limited
- Xiaomi Technology India Private Limited
Chapter 8: Recent Developments
- Recent developments
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9683bt