DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Fundamentals of Modern Electrical Transmission and Distribution Systems" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This course presents an overview of all the components of modern electrical transmission and distribution (T&D) systems, their application and arrangement, describing all their major, auxiliary and control equipment, listing typical engineering issues associated with T&D systems design and engineering and providing recommendations for addressing these issues. This course is based on a down-to-earth delivery, which is achieved through a very tight connection of material with real-life power industry specifics, and emphasis on exercises and practice sessions.
What You Will Learn
- How power systems are arranged and what the transmission and distribution system structure is
- What substation mission and place in the overall T&D structure are
- What substation consists of and what every piece of equipment is for
- When to use each specific type of switching equipment
- What the main types of relay protection systems are
- What the mission and main components of auxiliary A.C. and D.C. systems are
- How to evaluate the reliability of power supply
- What the advantages and disadvantages of various substation switching systems are
- How to select equipment for a specific application
- Why reactive power and voltage in T&D systems need to be regulated and how this regulation may be performed
- What the purpose of grounding and lightning protection in T&D Systems is and how this protection is arranged
- What the makeup of a low-voltage distribution system is and how to design it
Continuing Education and Development, Inc (CED Engineering)
Mr. Shvartsberg is an engineering and project management professional with more than 35 years of practical experience in managing and supervising of highly complicated technical projects for utility companies in the United States and Latvia. He has extensive teaching experience in the European and US colleges and universities. Mr. Shvartsberg is the author of more than 20 publications on electrical engineering and project management subjects and has made numerous successful presentations at international conferences and symposiums.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hiqo4t