DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Data Center Interconnect Market - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Data Center Interconnect (DCT) Market was valued at USD 3.48 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 7.65 billion in 2025 with a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Along with traditional telecom carriers with pre-existing optical fiber networks, dedicated Internet Content Providers (ICPs) are also utilizing this technology.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format.
- Report customization as per the client's requirements.
- 3 months of analyst support.
Key Market Trends
BFSI Sector to Occupy a Significant Market Share.
- Digitization of financial services, especially in emerging economies are one of the major factors positively influencing the market growth. DCI is also necessary for sharing data with third-party providers and financial exchanges that are part of a bank's digital services ecosystem.
- Lately, Switzerland has been gaining a strong foothold in data centers from providers such as Equinix, Swisscom, Orange Business Services, Green Datacenter, Interxion and Colt Technology Services due to presence of world's largest banks and financial institutions.
- Equinix offers data center colocation and interconnect services to many of the capital markets participants, insurers and electronic payments firms to facilitate the operation of financial IT workloads.
- Ciena provides DCI technologies for bank's networking infrastructure since they need to support traffic for a full range of digital products, from digital money transfers to real-time payments, and open banking via APIs.
Asia-Pacific to Witness a Significant Growth During the Forecast Period
- Asia-Pacific region is growing significantly due to the rise in cloud-based services and data centers originating from factors such as the growth of content providers, investment by giants in data centers as well as various ongoing government initiatives.
- Explosive digital needs of emerging economies such as India, China and Indonesia which are booming with huge population are also driving the market demand.
- In January 2019, Equinix invested USD 85 million for a 4th data center in Singapore. It will provide interconnection and data center services to help businesses with their ITG transformation and cloud adoption initiatives while supporting Singapore's digital infrastructure.
- To support research & education, Cisco and Australia's Academic and Research Network (AARNet) announced live production traffic on the AARNet portion of the INDIGO subsea cable, connecting data centers in two countries which are over 9000 km apart.
- In May 2019, UK-based Colt Group announced its entry into India with plans to build a 100MW IT hyper-scale data center facility. The campus will allow for the larger deployment of cloud computing services and further development of DCI.
The market is concentrated due to enterprises relying on only pioneers occupying the majority market share. Lately the vendors offering data centers are also providing data center interconnect solutions as a combined offering.
September 2019 - Cisco and Australia's Academic and Research Network (AARNet) announced live production traffic on the AARNet portion of the INDIGO subsea cable, which connects data centers in two countries, over 9000km apart, to support research and education.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increase in Intra-data Center Traffic Due to Cloud-based Entertainment and Over-the-Top (OTT) Services
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Bottlenecks in the Connections. Due to Growing Demand for Content Delivery is Challenging the Market Growth
4.4 Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
5.1.2 Shared Data and Resources
5.1.3 Data (Storage) Mobility
5.1.4 Other Applications
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Ciena Corp.
6.1.2 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.3 Juniper Networks Inc.
6.1.4 Fujitsu Ltd.
6.1.5 Microsemi Corp.
6.1.6 Pluribus Networks Inc.
6.1.7 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
6.1.8 ADVA Optical Networking SE
6.1.9 Infinera Corp.
6.1.10 Nokia Oyj
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z6rzsg