NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) releases its latest U.S. Bank Ratings Compendium, which analyzes the 4Q results of U.S. banks with KBRA long-term ratings.
This issue of the Compendium includes a new listing of 130 debt issues—along with rating, amount issued, coupon, and maturity, among other data points—among KBRA-rated banks. Other features include the top 10 lowest cost deposit franchises and largest sequential negative changes in return on assets, net interest margin (NIM), net charge-offs, and nonperforming asset ratios. The Compendium includes fourth-quarter 2019 updates on all publicly traded U.S. banks in KBRA’s rated universe, focusing on key performance and credit metrics, along with medians of key ratios.
Themes discussed in the Compendium include:
- Profitability remains resilient and fundamentally sound amid ongoing margin and competitive pressures.
- With loans still repricing faster than deposits, over 70% of KBRA-rated banks reported a sequential decline in NIM. However, over 90% exhibited a linked-quarter decline in deposit costs versus around 40% in the prior quarter.
- A combination of favorable deposit pricing trends and accelerated runoff of higher-cost funding obligations could promote NIM stabilization in the coming quarters.
- Credit fundamentals remained stable, with no material systemic credit headwinds. Isolated idiosyncratic credit events were comparatively modest in the quarter.
- Capital metrics remained stable, largely supported by steady internal capital generation more than covering stock buybacks which were again active in the quarter.
To access the report, click here.
Related Publications: (available at www.kbra.com)
CONNECT WITH KBRA
About KBRA and KBRA Europe
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider and is a certified Credit Rating Agency (CRA) by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered with ESMA as a CRA.