DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Activated Charcoal Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2019 To 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The activated charcoal market was valued at US$ 4.64 Bn in 2018 and expected to reach US$ 11.12 Bn by 2027 at a CAGR of 10.3% throughout the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
Evolving need to control carbon emission will spur revenue growth during the forecast period
The increasing need for purification coupled with regulations related to water and air pollution concerns across the globe plays a vital role in proliferating the demand of the activated charcoal market. Activated charcoal also is known as activated carbon, the global market estimated to increase due to rising emphasis for controlling industrial air pollution by adopting mercury control technology for air purification. In addition, activated carbon has many different uses in medical applications. The adsorptive properties together with the ability to develop remarkable purity in naturally occurring products have led to its assimilation into the drugs themselves. However, factors such as consolidating markets increased costs and availability of substitutes such as silica gel and super sand expected to hamper the growth of the activated charcoal market.
The global demand for the activated charcoal market in terms of volume was 2339.61 metric tons (in 000's) in 2018 and projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3%. Increasing manufacturing activities in numerous developing nations support the proliferating demand for activated charcoal. Prompt growth in output from the healthcare industry and chemical industry requires increased usage of activated charcoal to purify wastewater and other components in the manufacturing process. Increased production of automotive also expected to boost the demand of the activated charcoal markets, as governments of both developing and developed countries are implementing coming up with stringent regulatory standards for carbon emissions. Thus, the activated charcoal market growth will spur in the forecast period.
- In April 2018, the New York state department of environmental conservation has appointed Cabot Corporation as its new supplier for granular activated carbon for the removal of perfluorooctanoic acid contamination.
- In June 2019, Jacobi Carbons has entered into an agreement to supply activated carbon to Air 2 Public GmbH for efficient removal of NOx from street air.
Key Market Movements
- Globally, the activated charcoal market is rising at a CAGR of 10.3% for the period of 2019 to 2027.
- A rising trend is to push the usage of reactivated charcoal. Reactivation of charcoal can be an effective substitute for activated charcoal production due to lower cost of disposal and reduced CO? emission footprint for reactivated charcoal.
- Stringent regulatory standards, particularly in the U.S. and China, will drive the growth of the market.
- The Asia Pacific is the largest revenue-contributing region of the activated charcoal market with more than 25% of market share. Owing to the introduction of stricter standards by governments. For instance, the Chinese government introduced new regulations and standards for water and air treatment and invested a significant amount of money in its ecological cleanup.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Report Description
1.1.1. Purpose of the Report
1.1.2. Target Audience
1.1.3. USP and Key Product Type
1.2. Research Scope
1.3. Research Methodology
1.3.1. Phase I - Secondary Research
1.3.2. Phase II - Primary Research
1.3.3. Phase III - Expert Panel Review
1.3.4. Approach Adopted
184.108.40.206. Top-Down Approach
220.127.116.11. Bottom-Up Approach
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Market Snapshot: Global Activated Charcoal (AC) Market
2.2. Global AC Market, by Product Type, 2018 (US$ Bn)
2.3. Global AC Market, by Application, 2018 (US$ Bn)
2.4. Global AC Market, by Geography, 2018 (US$ Bn)
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Global AC Market Value, 2017-2027, (US$ Bn)
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.2.1. Market Drivers
3.2.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, by Geography, 2018
3.4. Market Positioning of Key Players, 2018
3.4.1. Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
4. Global Activated Charcoal (AC) Market, by Product Type , 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
4.2. Powdered Activated Charcoal
4.3. Granular Activated Charcoal
4.4. Extruded Activated Charcoal
5. Global Activated Charcoal (AC) Market, by Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
5.2. Liquid Phase
5.2.1. Water Treatment
5.2.2. Food & Beverage Processing
5.2.4. Others (Mining)
5.3. Gas Phase
5.3.1. Air Purification
5.3.4. Others (Oil & Gas)
6. North America Activated Charcoal (AC) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.1.1. North America AC Market Value and Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Bn)
6.2. North America AC Market Value, By Product Type, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.2.1. Market Analysis
6.3. North America AC Market Value, By Application, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.3.1. Market Analysis
6.4. North America AC Market Value, By Region/Country, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
6.4.1. Market Analysis
6.4.3. Rest of North America
7. Europe Activated Charcoal (AC) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
8. Asia Pacific Activated Charcoal (AC) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
9. Rest of the World Activated Charcoal (AC) Market Analysis, 2017-2027 (US$ Bn)
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Cabot Corporation
10.2. JACOBI CARBONS GROUP
10.3. Kuraray Co. Ltd
10.4. ADA Carbon Solutions
10.5. Osaka Gas Co.
10.6. Calgon Carbon Corporation
10.7. Thomas Net
10.8. Thermax Group
10.9. Haycarb Plc
10.10. KUREHA CORPORATION
10.11. Donau Carbon GmbH
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sxf86f