BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GEO Care, a division of The GEO Group, has launched a public and intuitive website for individuals returning to communities from incarceration. The website, www.GEOReentryConnect.com, provides access to a nationwide network of resources and helpful tools that can aid individuals transitioning from incarceration or justice-involved individuals already in the community. The site also provides a platform for individuals wishing to share their stories of recovery and successful reintegration as inspiration and motivation for others facing similar challenges.
“This is a unique opportunity for justice-involved individuals, with so much information consolidated at the users’ fingertips,” said Derrick D. Schofield, PhD, Executive Vice President of GEO Care’s Continuum of Care and Reentry Services. “We have an opportunity to continue helping individuals returning to their communities, and those currently in the community, find the information they need to succeed. By bringing this valuable information together within one easy-to-use website, we help simplify a complex network of nationwide resources.”
GEOReentryConnect.com is interactive, user-friendly, and compatible with all desktop, tablet and mobile devices. Website features include the following:
- National Resource Database – highlighting the locations and types of services available, including education, food and shelter, transportation, identification, housing, veteran affairs, substance abuse, family services, healthcare, mental health and legal services
- Jobs and Employment section – provides resume and cover letter templates and samples, links to job search websites and temporary employment agencies, and offers interview tips and second-chance employment opportunities
- Education and Vocational section – offering high school equivalency exam information and links to post-secondary educational institutions, financial aid and vocational training programs
- Success Story page – a moderated platform that offers visitors an opportunity to share their challenges, successes and motivational stories
- Reentry Checklist – includes the necessary steps one must take upon release as they begin and navigate their reentry journey
- Interactive tools and downloadable content that can be easily shared
GEO Care operates residential, non-residential and in-custody treatment programs for adults and youth rooted in evidence-based practices designed to change criminal behavior. Participants at all these programs are being guided to the new website to find resources to support their needs. The site is available also to any individual seeking local resources.
About GEO Care https://www.geogroup.com/GEO-Care