LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dr. Ian Stewart, executive director of Learning and Design at Kaplan Leadership & Professional Development, will speak on "The Three Cs of Learning and Development: Contexts, Catalysts and Collaboration” at Learning Technologies Feb. 13, 2020, at 11 a.m. BST.
Dr. Stewart has more than 25 years of experience with leadership development in the public and private sectors, including running the Behavioural Science department at the UK Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
The session will explore three concepts that underpin learning and development and how we can employ a range of tech and non-tech means to leverage their potential:
Context—Harnessing the power of the situation
- Situational judgment assessments—personalized learning
- Bridging the environment of learning and the environment of application—training on, workplace tasks, mentoring
- Providing learning aids and resources
Catalysts—How we turn people at their work into learners
- Creating unfamiliar and challenging learning environments
- Being prepared to make learning difficult
Collaboration—How people really learn
- Permission to experiment and space to rehearse
- Coaching—support and guidance
- Nudges and Network—environmental cues and peer group
The session will also cover Learning Outcomes:
- Understand how the developmental process works
- Understand how the situation affects the behavior of the learner
- Understand how nudges can be used to encourage positive behaviors and increase the effectiveness of learning
Learning Technologies is Europe's leading showcase of organizational learning and the technology used to support learning at work. And it continues to grow in importance, value and attendance year after year. With more than 8,500 visitors, over 200 free L&D seminars, 200+ exhibitors, an exhibition hall packed with the latest learning technologies, innovation and best practice and the industry's leading L&D conference, it provides a unique and exciting environment for all those involved in workplace learning.
About Kaplan Leadership and Professional Development
Kaplan believes that an organization’s training investment should align with its commercial strategy, so they partner with organizations to assess, design and implement innovative learning solutions that address the growing challenges facing the business.
By using diagnostic capabilities, Kaplan identifies learning priorities, unlocks hidden talent and measures training impact. These insights are key to developing meaningful, performance-driven and critical skill sets that businesses and their people need.
With global reach and regional expertise, Kaplan specializes in tailored learning journeys that scale, turning training investments into business success.
For more information, go to www.kaplansolutions.com.