DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "South Africa Domestic and International Remittance Market Outlook to 2023 - By Channels Used (Banking Channels, Retailers, ADLAs & MTOs and Others), Remittance Corridors (Inbound-Outbound and Rural-Urban)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of South Africa's Remittance Market including market evolution, overview, genesis, market size and market segmentation. Extensive focus has been placed in quantifying the transaction value and volume over the period, 2013-2023. The report covers aspects such as market segmentation and an extensive snapshot on the bill payment market in South Africa.
The report has covered the international and domestic space exclusively focusing on over the year's computation & interpretation of change in volume, value and average ticket size of transactions in the country. Income earned & change in commission charged has been scrutinized well followed by explicit analyst explanations.
The report is useful for existing remittance companies, potential entrants, investors and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to ongoing and expected trends in the future.
South Africa domestic and international remittance market is concentrated and in the growth stage. The market includes both formal and informal payment service providers including banks, money transfer operators, ADLAs, retailers and mobile wallets.
South Africa International Remittance Market
- Market Size: South Africa international remittance market recorded a CAGR of close to -1% in terms of average transaction size and close to -2% in terms of volume & value of transaction during 2013-2018.
By Channel: International remittance market was led by banks and MTOs & ADLAs showcasing a CAGR close to -7% and 10% respectively during 2013-2018.
By Corridors: Inbound remittance flow corridors are dominated by United Kingdom followed by New Zealand, Australia and Angola respectively. Other countries namely, Canada, United States and Botswana witnessed exhibiting small share close to 15%.
- Competition Stage and Positioning: The international market is moderately concentrated with majority of the market being captured by MTOs & ADLAs and banks in 2018. There are 4 major banks namely ABSA Bank, Capitec Bank, Standard Bank and Bidvest Bank which have been active in the space.
- Future Projections: The market is expected to showcase a CAGR close to 6% and -4% by value and volume of transactions during 2018-2023. In terms of average transaction size the market is expected to register a CAGR close to 3% during the same.
Market Size: South Africa domestic remittance market recorded a CAGR of close to 3% in terms of average transaction size and close to 6% & 3% in terms of transaction value and volume during 2013-2018 respectively.
By Channel: Domestic remittance market was led by banks with highest market share showcasing a CAGR close to 15% during 2016-2018. Retailers followed by Mobile wallet companies acquired the second and third highest share in the base year.
- By Corridors: Highest amount of money has been remitted between urban to rural in 2018. This has been followed by Urban to urban channel with Rural to Urban having a minor share.
Competition Stage and Positioning: The domestic market is highly concentrated by number of remittance transactions with majority share being captured by Capitec Bank, First National Bank, ABSA Bank, Bidvest and Mukuru in 2018 in terms of value of transactions.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. South Africa Remittance Market Overview
4. South Africa Remittance Market Evolution, 1980'S-2013
5. South Africa Remittance Market Ecosystem, 2018
6. South Africa Remittance Market Value Chain Analysis, 2018
7. South Africa Remittance Market Major Operating Models, 2018
8. South Africa International Remittance Market, 2013-2023
8.1. Market Size on the Basis of Value of Remittance Transfers, Average Transaction Size and Volume of Transactions, 2013-2018
8.2. South Africa International Remittance Market Segmentation, 2013-2018
8.3. South Africa International Remittance Market Future Outlook, 2019E-2023E
9. South Africa Domestic Remittance Market, 2013-2023
9.1. Market Size on the Basis of Value of Remittance, Average Transaction Size, Volume of Transaction, Commission Charged and Income Earned, 2013-2018
9.2. Market Segmentation By Channel Used in Remittance, Corridors and Income Level, 2018
9.3. South Africa Domestic Remittance Market Future Market Outlook, 2019E-2025E
10. Government Regulations
10.1. South Africa Reserve Bank
10.2. Exchange Control
10.3. Anti Money Laundering (AML)
10.4. Immigration Regulation
11. Snapshot On South Africa Bill Payment Market, 2013-2018
11.1. Market Ecosystem, 2018
11.2. Market Overview, 2018
11.3. Government Regulations
11.4. Major Players
11.5. Analyst Recommendations
12. South Africa Remittance Market Customer Profiling, 2018
13. South Africa Industry Swot Analysis, 2018
14. Competitive Landscape of Major Players In South Africa Remittance Market, 2018
14.1. Competition Scenario (Market Nature, Major Players, Market Positioning and Major Competing Parameters), 2018
14.2. Market Share of Major Players (International & Domestic Market), 2018
14.3. Strengths and Weaknesses of Major Players, 2018
15. Company Profiling of Major Players
15.1. ABSA Bank Limited
15.2. Standard Bank
15.3. Bidvest Bank (BVBL)
15.4. Capitec Bank
15.6. PEP Stores
15.7. Pick n Pay
15.9. Western Union
15.10. Money Gram
15.11. Hello Paisa
15.12. Mama Money
16. Analyst Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/h1cpyc