DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "France Ice Cream - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The French ice cream sector is led by the take-home and bulk ice cream' category in both value and volume terms. The category is also expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by paper & board. Unilever, Froneri International Limited and General Mills, Inc. are the leading companies in the French ice cream sector.
This Country Profile report on the Ice cream sector in France provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for artisanal ice cream, impulse ice cream - single serve, and take-home and bulk ice cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023
- Leading players: Market share of companies and private labels in value terms in 2018
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, department stores, convenience stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and others; pack type data for tub, bag/sachet, wrapper, box, film, can, tray, foil and other pack type; closure type data for prize off, screw top and others; primary outer type data for carton - folding, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap.
- The French ice cream sector is expected to at a CAGR of 5.9% while in volume terms, the sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of ice cream in France stood at 5.1kg in 2018 and it was higher than both the global and regional levels, in 2018.
- Per capita expenditure of ice cream stood at US$45 in 2018 in France, which was higher compared to both the global and regional levels.
- Take-home and bulk ice cream' was the largest category in value and volume sales in 2018 and the category is also forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth, during 2018-2023.
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the largest distribution channel with a value share of 60.2% in 2018, followed food & drinks specialists and convenience stores.
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material accounting for a share of 64% in the French ice cream sector, followed by paper & board and rigid plastics.
- Consumption of ice cream was higher among females than males while older consumers (55+ years) accounted for the highest consumption of Ice Cream with 34.5% volume share in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Key Topics Covered:
- Report scope
- Executive summary
- France in the global and regional context
- France in the global and Western Europe ice cream sector
- France compared to other leading countries in the Western Europe
- Per capita consumption and expenditure - France compared to the Western Europe and global levels
- Sector analysis - Ice Cream
- Country snapshot - ice cream sector in France
- Value and volume analysis - ice cream sector in France
- Degree of trading up/down in the French ice cream sector
- Cross-category comparison - value and growth rate
- Change in category share by value
- Cross-category comparison - volume and growth rate
- Change in category share by volume
- Per capita consumption analysis by category
- Category analysis: artisanal ice cream
- Category analysis: impulse ice cream - single-serve
- Category analysis: take-home and bulk ice cream
- Distribution analysis
- Distribution channel share analysis: ice cream
- Distribution channel share analysis by category
- Competitive landscape
- Leading companies in the sector (in value and volume terms) in the ice cream sector, 2018
- Top companies share by brand (in value terms and volume terms) in the ice cream sector, 2018
- Brand shares of top five companies (in value terms and volume terms) by category, 2018
- Private label share analysis by category
- Growth of private labels compared to branded products
- Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
- Health & wellness
- Category comparison - with health & wellness and without health & wellness claims
- Packaging analysis
- Pack material
- Pack type
- Closure type
- Primary outer type
- Demographic analysis
- Cott Corporation
- General Mills Inc
- Kraft Foods Group Inc.
- Mars Inc
- Mondelez International Inc
- Nestle S.A. - Brands
- Nestle SA
- R&R Ice Cream
- R&R Ice Cream Ltd
- Rolland SAS
- Unilever N.V.
- Unilever Plc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/71byp2