ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--More than 250 industry leaders attended the third annual Feather in Her Cap℠ Award dinner where women leaders in the animal health industry were recognized for their achievements and significant contributions to the industry and for mentoring and developing future women leaders. The sold-out gala dinner and award presentation were held yesterday in Orlando, Florida.
Elizabeth Greene, CEO of Brief Media, was awarded the Feather in Her Cap Award and received a gold feather brooch and a feathered hat.
Beth was honored for founding Brief Media, which developed and launched Clinician’s Brief, a clinical veterinary journal, and developed the digital version of Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook. She created a joint venture to provide unique continuing education event opportunities for veterinarians including New York Vet Show, Chicago Vet Show, Wild West Vet Show, and the Austin Vet Show. She is committed to mentoring women within her company and has been active in mentoring local young high school women preparing to embark in this world and build their empire. She is gracious with her time, mentoring and investing in all of her employees.
The Feather in Her Cap Award
The award was established in 2017 by a group of women leaders in the animal health industry who formed the non-profit Feather in Her Cap Association, Inc. to honor women who have made outstanding contributions in animal health through scientific, industrial or commercial excellence and by demonstrating commitment to mentoring women. This year’s awardees were selected from nominations representing an amazing group of candidates with diverse backgrounds. In addition to the award winner, nominees included (in alphabetical order):
- Sara Barstow – Vice President, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives, Vetsource
- Kristin Bloink, PA-C. MPH,DVM, DACVPM – Vice President, Global Research and External Innovation, Elanco Animal Health
- Colleen Dekker – Director, Global Corporate Communications, Elanco Animal Health
- Sue DeNise, PhD – Executive Director, Animal Genetics, Global Research and Development, Zoetis
- Julia Loew – Vice President of Global Companion Animal Marketing, Elanco Animal Health
- Mary McDonald – Owner, Shibboleth Associates, LLC and previously with Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Stephanie Morley, DVM – President and Chief Operations Officer, Zomedica
- Linnea Newman, DVM – Global Poultry Technical Director, Merck Animal Health
- Joanna Rossi, PhD, MS – Formulation Development Manager, Vetio Animal Health
- Christine Royal, DVM – Associate Director, Professional Services – U.S. Companion Animal Team, Merck Animal Health
- Susan Sholtis – President, PETIQ
- Nancy Zimmerman – Director, Business Development, Dechra Veterinary Products
An in memoriam section of the program recognized women who have received nominations posthumously. These include:
- Linda Lord, DVM, MS,PhD– Veterinary School and Allied Industry and Liaison Lead, Merck Animal Health
- Elinore White– Senior Director of External Communications, Zoetis
The selection committee for the 2020 award was composed of the founding directors of the Feather in Her Cap Association. Serving on the selection committee precludes nomination for the award.
Feather in Her Cap℠ Association, Inc. (www.featherinhercap.org) is a New York non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. For information on Feather in Her Cap Association, Inc. contact Dr. Linda Rhodes at Featherinhercap@gmail.com.