DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Narcotics Scanner Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The narcotics scanner market is expected to register a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period (2019-2024). Narcotics are drugs having several medicinal uses such as anxiety relief, sleep induction, severe pain control, and numbing the senses. Narcotics are often smuggled, and this has paved the way for the narcotics drug trade.
- The rising instances of trafficking of drugs such as cocaine, heroin, etc., have increased the demand for narcotic scanners in various industries, such as aviation, law, and military. The adoption rate of narcotics scanners is on the rise in order to scan and monitor people and luggage, prevent permanent losses, and ensure the safety of people.
- The factors responsible for the growth of narcotics scanners are the rise in the investments made in the research and development activities for narcotic scanners and the requirement for the speedy response to the catastrophic attacks. Advancements made in the technology such as the development of the dual-sensor technologies and the improvement made in the detection quality of narcotics scanners triggers the growth of the market.
- Narcotics scanners offers protection from the illegal movement of drugs, and therefore, there is a surge in the demand of these scanners. The deployment of narcotics scanners is essential to reduce the increasing unauthorized transportation of narcotics between different locations and countries.
- The factors responsible for hindering the growth of the market are issues related to lack of investments from the transport operators.
Key Market Trends
- Hand-held metal detectors and narcotics devices are increasingly being used in airports around the US to identify illegal drugs, such as cocaine, heroin, etc. Since these devices provide fast and accurate drug identification and prosecution of people involved in the trade, the market is expected to experience growth in the coming year.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to show significant growth in the narcotics scanner market, due to the increasing inflow of investments for the development of the transit sector, particularly airports. The escalation in the production and use of synthetic drugs amphetamines, in economies, such as Singapore, China, and Vietnam, is anticipated to play a crucial role in the growth of the market.
- Moreover, the UN Office on Crime and Drugs reported a massive seizure of 287 million methamphetamine tablets in East Asia, which has raised concerns related to excessive usage of drugs in Singapore, China, and Malaysia. These factors are further expected to drive the demand for narcotic scanners to support the prosperity of countries.
- Adoption of advanced sensor technologies in narcotics scanners is fueling the narcotics scanner market. The factor contributing to the growth of the market in this region is the high rate of adoption of technologies such as advanced sensors.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.4 Market Restraints
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Technology
5.3 By End-user Industry
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- OSI Systems Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Aventura Technologies Inc.
- Safran SA
- Argos Security Services Inc.
- LaserShield Systems Inc.
- L-3 Communications Security and Detection Systems Inc.
- Smiths Detection Inc.
- Klipper Enterprises
- Chemring Group PLC
- Teknicom Solutions Ltd
- Mistral Solutions Pvt Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qgsn1x
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.