DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Solar Power Window Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- The residential sector accounts for a significant share of energy consumption for buildings globally. But residential buildings, particularly individual houses, have a smaller flat area and lower energy demands. As a result, these homes have been mainly dependent on traditional PV rooftop modules.
- Most of the residential PV demand comes from Western countries, where, due to a relatively lower density of population, the share of individual houses in the residential sector is high. The hotspots for the building-integrated PV demand are also mainly in Western regions.
- The success of SwitchGlaze can provide significant opportunities for market players in exploiting the residential sector. Also, SolarWindow has claimed that the product that they have developed and are about to make available in the market has a smaller payback period than the other BIPV products.
- In Sept 2018, Taiyo Kogyo Corp. has installed a sunroom using "see-through solar panels" at a private house in Gyoda City, Saitama Prefecture. With a transmittance of 10% (visible light), it eliminates the need for lighting during daylight hours. On the other hand, it blocks more than 90% of solar radiation heat, contributing to cooling the room.
- In the short-term, until an unexpected breakthrough with several installations in solar window technology, the residential market is expected to remain in the niche stage.
Europe to Dominate the Market
- Europe is expected to experience the earliest breakthrough for technology over the forecast period.
- In 2016, the start-up called Physee - a spin-out company from the University of Delft, developed perfectly transparent and aesthetically unobtrusive windows. At first glance, they look like any normal modern windows. However, where an ordinary window reflects 30% of light that reaches its surface, the PowerWindow captures this light for energy generation.
- In July 2017, a Dutch bank in the Netherlands installed solar power windows developed by Physee with over 300 square feet. The windows generate enough power to charge a smartphone a few times a day and can't act as a standalone power source for buildings yet.
- The technology holds a huge and promising potential in the European market. The increasing need for clean energy, government's focus on reduction of carbon emissions and decreasing available land for installation for conventional solar panels at the load centers, is expected to create demand for solar power windows over the forecast period, in the region.
The global solar power window market is consolidated, due to the small number of active companies operating in the industry. The key players in this market include Physee, Brite Solar, Onyx Solar Energy S.L, Solaria Corporation and EnergyGlass.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Study Deliverables
1.5 Research Phases
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Evolution of the Global Solar Power Window Market
4.3 Cost and Efficiency Analysis of Solar Power Window Technology
4.4 Market Size and Demand Forecast (TAM), until 2025
4.5 Government Targets, Policies, and Regulations
4.6 Recent Trends and Developments
4.7 Investment Opportunities
4.8 Market Dynamics
4.9 Supply Chain Analysis
4.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- Brite Solar
- Onyx Solar Energy S.L
- Solar Window Technologies Inc.
- Solaria Corporation
- Ubiquitous Energy Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ii2pky
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.