SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Security provider Stellar Cyber, with the first Open-XDR security application platform, today announced that it has joined Check Point Software’s Technology Partner program in the Management category. Leveraging Check Point’s Open Platform for Security APIs, Stellar Cyber’s Starlight Open-XDR platform can now deliver automated responses to security incidents by commanding Check Point solutions to block ports or perform other protective measures.
Through this partnership, Stellar Cyber’s Starlight can analyze Check Point logs, correlate incidents to identify threats, and automatically trigger responses through Check Point solutions. This automated capability ensures that security analysts can dramatically reduce alert fatigue as firewalls typically have thousands of alerts per day, Starlight’s automation examines logs and looks for anomalies that are inefficient to examine manually. This combination of capabilities allows analysts to:
- Gain context for alerts: FW/IDS data is fused with contextual information such as geolocation, IP/URL reputation, user, endpoint and domain registrar information and more to gain better context for alerts generated by the firewall.
- Eliminate alert fatigue: Focus on actionable security events that matter vs. the millions of alerts generated by firewalls. Advanced machine learning algorithms determine what events are normal noise vs. high-fidelity anomalies.
- Audit firewall policies: Clean up firewall policies and eliminate unused and unneeded policies by machine learning identifying commonly used vs. unused policies that are configured on your firewalls.
- Identify sequences of events: Leverage automatic correlation to identify events seen on the firewall that lead to other events seen on endpoint and cloud applications to get a better understanding of a breach timeline.
- Take automated action: Leverage integrated security orchestration and response (SOAR) to take automated action such as automatically blocking a malicious actor on the firewall or disabling an infected user within the enterprise.
“Check Point’s Infinity Architecture and Stellar Cyber’s Starlight Open-XDR platform will provide stronger automation and artificial intelligence capabilities to our joint customers,” said Jason Min, Head of Business Development at Check Point Software Technologies. Through our partnership, we are excited to deliver superior threat prevention and simplified security across all environments.”
“Check Point is a leader in cyber security and Stellar Cyber complements their solutions by automating threat detection and response,” said Ilker Simsir, Principal Product Manager at Stellar Cyber. “Through this partnership, the integration enables our resellers and go-to-market partners to deliver additional value to Check Point customers by adding XDR thinking and advanced detection capabilities like machine learning to their existing investment.”
Helpful Stellar Cyber links
About Stellar Cyber
Stellar Cyber makes Starlight, the only comprehensive security platform providing maximum protection of applications and data wherever they reside and automatically responding to attacks wherever they occur. Starlight tightly integrates dozens of security applications from an App Store and presents results in an intuitive dashboard to supercharge analyst productivity by slashing attack response times to seconds or minutes. Starlight deploys easily on premises, in public clouds or with service providers. Stellar Cyber is based in Silicon Valley and is backed by Valley Capital Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital, SIG and other investors. For more information, contact https://stellarcyber.ai.