DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Chestnuts Market by Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Chestnuts Market: About this market
The chestnuts market analysis considers sales from Asiatic chestnut species, European chestnut species, and American chestnut species. Our study also finds the sales of chestnuts in APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America. In 2019, the Asiatic chestnut species segment had a significant market share, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Factors such as high export volume of Asiatic chestnut species from China will play a significant role in the Asiatic chestnut species segment to maintain its market position. Also, our global chestnuts market report looks at factors such as health benefits of chestnuts, growing popularity of organic chestnuts, and increasing availability of chestnuts through online channels. However, availability of substitutes, high cost of chestnuts, and increasing risk from pests and diseases may hamper the growth of the chestnuts industry over the forecast period.
Global Chestnuts Market: Overview
Health benefits of chestnuts
Chestnuts comprise several nutrients such as vitamin C, B1, B2, B6; folic acid, manganese, copper, and magnesium, which provide health benefits to the human body on consumption. Chestnuts are rich in dietary fiber, which improves the digestion process. Also, this dietary fiber can alleviate constipation and stabilize blood sugar level. Antioxidant properties of chestnuts help in neutralizing harmful free radicals in the body, which prevents body cell damages and chronic diseases. Also, the antioxidant content in chestnuts helps in reducing inflammation in the body and improves heart health. Chestnuts are a useful source of potassium, which is a vital mineral that helps in decreasing risk factors associated with heart diseases. These health benefits of chestnuts will lead to the expansion of the global chestnuts market at a CAGR of almost 3% during the forecast period.
Increased use of chestnuts in confectionery
Chestnuts are nutritionally-rich natural products that are high in several proteins, minerals, vitamins, essential fibers, and fatty acids. Processed chestnut products, such as powdered or pureed chestnuts, are found in distinct flavors such as sweet and savory taste, sweetened, and unsweetened. Due to these properties, chestnuts have a variety of applications in confectionery, where they are used as healthy ingredients to attract consumers. The inclusion of processed chestnuts for applications in confectioneries helps vendors to offer their products under the premium category. This development is expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.
Key Topics Covered:
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- Currency conversion rates for US$
PART 03: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Value chain analysis
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 04: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2019
- Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market outlook
PART 05: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY TYPE
- Market segmentation by type
- Comparison by type
- Asiatic chestnut species - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- European chestnut species - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- American chestnut species - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by type
PART 07: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 08: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 09: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 10: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 11: MARKET TRENDS
- Influence of digital media on chestnut consumption
- Increased use of chestnuts in confectionery
- Emphasis on R&D for growth of chestnut trees
PART 12: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive scenario
PART 13: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- Berjaya Corp. Berhad
- Chengde Shenli Food Co. Ltd.
- Chestnut Growers Inc.
- E. & A. Potamianou Inc.
- Planet Green Holdings Corp.
- Qinhuangdao Yanshan Chestnut Co. Ltd.
- SAMRIOLU Group of Companies
- Shandong Maria Food Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Zhifeng Foodstuffs Co. Ltd.
- V. Besana Spa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4ztxh5