LYNCHBURG, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Pacific Life Foundation announced today it will provide $500,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations and K-12 schools in the greater Lynchburg, Virginia area during 2020. Since 2016, Pacific Life and the Pacific Life Foundation has donated more than $800,000 to the Lynchburg community.
The Pacific Life Foundation’s initial 2020 grants were presented to 28 nonprofit agencies on January 14 at the inaugural Grants Reception Breakfast held at Pacific Life’s Lynchburg office.
Grants totaling $225,000 have been awarded to nonprofit organizations in the areas of arts and culture; civic, community and economic development; education; and health and human services.
The 2020 recipients include:
- Academy Center of the Arts
- Adult Care Center of Central Virginia
- Alzheimer's Association
- Amazement Square
- American Heart Association, Western Virginia
- American Red Cross of Blue Ridge Virginia
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Virginia
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Bower Center for the Arts
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lynchburg
- CASA of Central Virginia
- Central Virginia Alliance for Community Living
- Central Virginia Community College Educational Foundation
- Girls on the Run of Central Virginia
- Greater Lynchburg Habitat for Humanity
- IRON Lives
- Jubilee Family Development Center
- Lynchburg Beacon of Hope
- Lynchburg Community Action Group
- Lynchburg Daily Bread
- Miriam's House
- Opera on the James
- Randolph College/Science Festival and Science + Art Saturdays
- Virginia Council on Economic Education
- Virginia Legal Aid Society
YMCA of Central Virginia
The Pacific Life Foundation 3Ts of Education program will award a total of $49,500 in grants to local K-12 schools where concentrations of children and grandchildren of Pacific Life employees attend. The educational grants are designed in one of the following areas: teacher training, textbooks or technology. The 13 Lynchburg-area schools include:
- Amherst High School
- Appomattox County High School
- Appomattox Elementary School
- Brookville High School
- Brookville Middle School
- Forest Elementary School
- Forest Middle School
- Jefferson Forest High School
- Leesville Road Elementary School
- Linkhorne Elementary School
- Madison Heights Elementary School
- Perrymont Elementary School
Tomahawk Elementary School
As part of Pacific Life’s annual United Way Campaign, the Pacific Life Foundation matches every dollar donated by employees. Planned giving in 2020 to the United Way of Central Virginia is expected to be approximately $34,000. The Pacific Life Foundation will also match employee gifts to local-area nonprofits, provide service opportunities for employees to give back to the Lynchburg community, and provide a team leadership grant in support of Pacific Life’s volunteer program, the Good Guys.
Supporting communities where Pacific Life employees work and live, the Pacific Life Foundation plans to give a total of $7.25 million in charitable grants in 2020.
About Pacific Life and the Pacific Life Foundation
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has helped millions of individuals and families with their financial needs through a wide range of life insurance products, annuities, and mutual funds, and offers a variety of investment products and services to individuals, businesses, and pension plans. Pacific Life counts more than half of the 100 largest U.S. companies as its clients and has been named one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.
The Pacific Life Foundation (the Foundation) was established in 1984. Together with Pacific Life, the Foundation has contributed more than $116 million to community and national nonprofit organizations. Grants are made to organizations that address a broad spectrum of social needs. Additional information about the Foundation can be found at www.PacificLifeFoundation.com.
Pacific Life refers to Pacific Life Insurance Company and its affiliates, including Pacific Life & Annuity Company. Client count as of June 2019 is compiled by Pacific Life using the 2019 FORTUNE 500® list.