DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Real Time Location Services: Technologies and Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The publisher defines real-time location system or services (RTLS) as a system that uses either of a number of technologies (such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ultrawideband, RFID, and GPS) to detect the current (real-time) geolocation of a target. At times, a real-time location system can use a combination of different technologies to achieve a result with higher accurancy (e.g. GPS combined with Wi-Fi). In real-time location system, the target that is tracked can be anything from a vehicle to an item in a manufacturing plant or logistics to a person (as in healthcare space).
The global market for real-time location services is witnessing strong growth across geographies. RTLS-capable products are used in an ever-increasing number of sectors including supply chain management (SCM), logistics, transportation, healthcare, military, retail, recreation, postal and courier services, as well as education space. The developed regions - North America and Europe (especially Western Europe) are the largest market for RTLS. However, APAC is witnessing the strongest growth and is expected to significantly increase its market share in the coming years.
The scope of this report covers the global market for real-time location service technologies for various end-user application industry. The market is broken down by type, technologies, application, end use industry, and region, which are further discussed in detail. Revenue forecasts from 2019 to 2024 are given for each market segments, and regional market with estimated values derived from manufacturers' total revenues.
The Report Includes:
- 71 tables
- A descriptive study of technologies and global markets for the real time location system or services (RTLS)
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Assessment of widespread application markets of RTLS technologies across major geographical regions - North America, Europe, APAC, South America and MEA
- Information on market dynamics, regulatory landscape, trend analysis and mergers and acquisitions within the global ICT industry
- Patent analysis covering all types of RTLS solutions and their allotments by major assignee types
- Company profiles of market leading players, including AIRTLS, Cerner Corp., Midmark Corp., Sonitor Technologies AS and Zebra Technologies Corp.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Evolution of the RTLS Market
- RTLS Technologies
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Ultra-Wideband (UWB)
- Hybrid RTLS
- Tracking Approaches (Methods for Determining the Location)
- Distance/ Distance-Based (Lateration) Techniques
- Angle/ Angle-Based (Angulation) Techniques
- Various Stakeholders in the Global RTLS Market
- Diversified Technology Majors
- Healthcare Technology Players (such as Halma, which owns CenTrak)
- Semiconductor, Sensor and Related Product Manufacturers
- Location-Based Service (LBS) and Technology Providers
- Growth of the Global RTLS Market
- Major Market Forces
- Growing Need for Security and Safety of Goods and Assets in Transit
- Aging Population and Patients, Especially in Developed Regions That Require Monitoring
- Regulatory Compliance Across Multiple End-User Industries
- Declining Price of Products and Emergence of New Companies in the Location and Asset Tracking Space
- Need to Increase Return on Investment (ROI), while Increasing Efficiency and Decreasing Operational Costs
- Growing Demand for Workplace Security
- Key Selection Criteria
- Power/Battery Consumption
- Coverage/Operating Range
- Hardware Cost (Intial Implementation Cost)
- Cost of Ownership/ Operating Cost
- Accuracy/ Possible Measurement Error
- Key Strategies Used in the Global RTLS Market
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Expansion to Emerging Markets
Chapter 4 RTLS Technologies and Global Markets, by Type
- Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Location Tags
- WiFi Location Tags
- Infrared Location Tags
- Passive Location RFID Tags
- Active RFID Location Tags
- Battery-Assisted RFID Location Tags
- Standalone versus Full Stack/All-in-One Software
Chapter 5 Global Market for RTLS by Type of Technology
- UWB (Ultra-Wideband)
- Bluetooth/ BLE
- Angle-of-Departure (AoD), Angle-of-Arrival (AoA) and Bluetooth 5.1
Chapter 6 Global Market for RTLS Technologies by End-Use Application
- Asset tracking and monitoring
- Access Control/ Security
- Inventory Management
- Environmental Monitoring
- Employee Tracking
- Workplace Safety
Chapter 7 Global Market for RTLS Technologies by End-Use Industry
- Transportation & Logistics
- Manufacturing & Automotive
- Government & Defense
- Oil & Gas, Mining
Chapter 8 Global Market for RTLS Technologies by Region
- North America
- United States
- Other Countries and Regions in Europe
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Other Countries in APAC
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South America
- Analysis of Key Geographies
Chapter 9 Industry Structure and Patent Analysis
- Key Trends in the Market
- Hospitals and Healthcare Continue to Be the Key End-User Sector
- Emergence of New Sectors such as Sports and Games
- Continued Growth and Acceptance in Emerging Regions
- Very Strong Expected Growth of Online Retail
- Strong Growth of Education Sector in Emerging Regions
- Increasing Focus on Workplace Safety
- Venture Capital Funding and Investments
- Industry Challenges and Concerns
- Technological Acceptance and Know-How
- Integration Issues
- High Initial Implementation Cost
- Maintenance Issues and Costs
- Patent Activity
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Airfinder (Link Labs)
- Airtls Bv
- Alien Technology Corp.
- Avery Dennison Corp.
- Cassia Networks Inc.
- Centrak Inc.
- Cerner Corp.
- Decawave Ltd.
- Guard Rfid Solutions Inc.
- Identec Group Corp. (Identec Group Ag)
- Impinj Inc.
- Leantegra Inc.
- Litum Technologies
- Midmark Corp.
- Mist Systems (Juniper Networks Inc.)
- Mojix Inc.
- Omni-Id Usa Inc.
- Quuppa Oy
- Redpine Signals Inc.
- Savi Technology Inc.
- Sewio Networks S.R.O.
- Smartrac N.V.
- Sonitor Technologies As
- Stanley Healthcare
- Statsports Group Ltd.
- Teletracking Technologies Inc.
- Zebra Technologies Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kx66pa