DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "South Korea Savory & Deli Foods - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The South Korean savory & deli food sector is led by the prepared salads category in value terms and the category is also expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & super markets is the leading channel for distribution of savory & deli food products in the country. Kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of savory & deli in 2018.
The Country Profile report on the Savory & Deli Foods in South Korea provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for cured meats, fermented meats, pates, pies & savory appetisers, pre-packed sandwiches, prepared salads and savory baked goods with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, e-retailers, dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for rigid plastics, glass, flexible packaging, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: specialty container, bottle, tube, tub and others.
- The per capita expenditure of savory & deli foods was higher in South Korea compared to the regional and global levels in 2018
- Prepared salads is the largest category in both value and volume terms in the South Korean savory & deli food sector during 2018-2023
- In South Korea, the per capita consumption of prepared salads was higher than other savory & deli categories in 2018
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the South Korean savory & deli foods sector in 2018
- Frozen Food Pahala is the only company in the South Korean savory & deli foods sector in 2018
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the South Korean savory & deli foods sector
- Consumption of savory & deli foods is higher among women compared to men in South Korea
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Key Topics Covered:
- Report scope
- Executive summary
- South Korea in the global and regional context
- South Korea in the global and Asia-Pacific savory & deli foods sector
- South Korea compared to other leading countries in the Asia-Pacific
- Per capita consumption and expenditure - South Korea compared to the Asia-Pacific and global levels
- Sector analysis - Savory & Deli Foods
- Country snapshot - savory & deli foods sector in South Korea
- Value and volume analysis - savory & deli foods sector in South Korea
- Degree of trading up/down in the South Korean savory & deli foods sector
- Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
- Change in category share by value
- Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
- Change in category share by volume
- Per capita consumption analysis by category
- Category analysis: cured meats
- Category analysis: fermented meats
- Category analysis: pates
- Category analysis: pies & savory appetisers
- Category analysis: pre-packed sandwiches
- Category analysis: prepared salads
- Category analysis: savory baked goods
- Distribution analysis
- Distribution channel share analysis: savory & deli foods
- Distribution channel share analysis by category
- Competitive landscape
- Leading companies in the sector (in value and volume terms) in the savory & deli foods sector, 2018
- Top 5 companies share by brand (in value terms and volume terms) in the savory & deli foods sector, 2018
- Brand shares of top five companies (in value terms and volume terms) by category, 2018
- Private label share analysis by category
- Growth of private labels compared to branded products
- Packaging analysis
- Pack material
- Pack type
- Closure type
- Primary outer type
- Demographic analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
- Country risk index
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ji0dbx