DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North America Methanol Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The publisher expects the market to reach a volume of 9.6 Million Tons by 2024, registering a CAGR of around 4% during 2019-2024.
The North America methanol market reached a volume of 7.6 Million Tons in 2018. Methanol, also known as wood alcohol, is a colorless, water-soluble liquid with a mild alcoholic odor. It presents an excellent way to store and transport energy conveniently and safely. Methanol is used in fuel cells as a direct reagent or indirectly as a source of hydrogen. In the chemical industry, methanol is used mainly for manufacturing formaldehyde, acetic acid, dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) and other solvents. Similarly, in the energy industry, it is employed in the manufacturing of methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), tertiary amyl methyl ether (TAME), dimethyl ether (DME) and biodiesel.
The North America methanol market is currently being driven by various factors. Methanol offers long term possibilities for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Therefore, the rising environmental concerns among the consumers have stimulated the usage of methanol as a safer fuel owing to its low rate of evaporation and low radiant heat energy. In addition to this, it biodegrades easily and can be a safer replacement of products such as crude oil, gasoline and diesel fuel. Apart from this, methanol can be manufactured from a variety of carbon-based feedstock such as natural gas, coal and biomass. These raw materials are readily available in the market and thus driving the production of methanol in the region.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America methanol market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America methanol market?
- What is the breakup of the North America methanol market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America methanol industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America methanol industry?
- What is the structure of the North America methanol industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America methanol industry?
- What are the profit margins in the North America methanol industry?
- Base Year Considered: 2018
- Historical Data Coverage: 2013-2018
- Market Forecast: 2019-2024
- Geography Covered: North America, United States and Canada
- Segments Covered: Application.
- Report Customization: Although the publisher has tried to cover everything in the North America methanol market landscape, the publisher believes that every stakeholder may have their own specific needs. In view of this, the publisher provides up to 20-man hours of free customization for each report.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Physical and Chemical Properties
4.3 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Methanol Market
5.1 Market Performance
5.2 Market Breakup by Application
5.3 Market Breakup by Region
5.4 Market Forecast
6 North America Methanol Market
6.1 Market Performance
6.2 Market Forecast
7 North America Methanol Market: Breakup by Application
7.2 Dimethyl Ether
7.6 Acetic Acid
8 North America Methanol Market: Imports and Exports
9 North America Methanol Market: Breakup by Country
9.1 United States
9.1.1 Historical Market Trends
9.1.2 Market Breakup by Application
9.1.3 Market Forecast
9.2.1 Historical Market Trends
9.2.2 Market Breakup by Application
9.2.3 Market Forecast
10 SWOT Analysis
11 Value Chain Analysis
11.2 Raw Material Mining and Extraction
12 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
12.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
12.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
12.4 Degree of Rivalry
12.5 Threat of New Entrants
12.6 Threat of Substitutes
13 Price Analysis
14 Competitive Landscape
14.1 Market Structure
14.2 Key Players
14.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vptc1r