DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "South Africa Hot Drinks - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The South African hot drinks sector is led by the hot coffee category in value terms, in 2018, whereas, the hot tea category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023. While, Nestle led the hot coffee and other hot drinks categories, Unilever held the leading share in the hot tea category, in 2018. Paper & board remains the most commonly used pack material, while carton-folding is the commonly used pack type for hot drinks in South Africa.
The Country Profile report on the Hot Drinks sector in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for hot coffee, hot tea, and other hot drinks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2018
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, glass, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: carton, bag/sachet, tub, bottle, jar and stand up pouch.
- South African sector is expected to grow by value and volume terms during 2018-2023.
- Hot coffee is the largest category in both value and volume terms in South African hot drinks sector.
- Hot tea is expected to register the faster growth rate in value terms during 2018-2023.
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of hot drinks in the country
- AVI, Unilever and Nestle are the leading players in the sector.
- Kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of hot drinks in South Africa
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Key Topics Covered:
- Report scope
- Executive summary
- South Africa in the global and regional context
- South Africa in the global and Middle East & Africa hot drinks sector
- South Africa compared to other leading countries in Middle East & Africa
- Per capita consumption and expenditure - South Africa compared to Middle East & Africa and global levels
- Sector analysis - hot drinks
- Country snapshot - hot drinks sector in South Africa
- Value and volume analysis - hot drinks sector in South Africa
- Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
- Change in category share by value
- Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
- Change in category share by volume
- Per capita consumption analysis by category
- Category analysis: hot coffee
- Category analysis: hot tea
- Category analysis: other hot drinks
- Distribution analysis
- Distribution channel share analysis: hot drinks
- Distribution channel share analysis by category
- Competitive landscape
- Brand share analysis by sector
- Brand share analysis by category
- Private label share analysis by category
- Growth of private labels compared to branded products
- Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
- Packaging analysis
- Pack material
- Pack type
- Closure type
- Primary outer type
- Demographic analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
- Country risk index
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts
- Strauss Group Ltd.
- Tchibo GmbH
- Nestle SA
- Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
- DGS Foods GmbH.
- Fares Laboratoarele Bio vital
- Zino Davidoff SA
- Maspex Wadowice Group
- Melitta Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kofer5