DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North America Lithium-ion Battery Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The publisher expects the market to reach a value of US$ 18.4 Billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 11.8% during 2019-2024.
The North America lithium-ion battery market reached a value of US$ 9.4 Billion in 2018. Lithium-ion, or Li-ion, batteries can be defined as rechargeable batteries with a high energy density. A typical lithium-ion battery is capable of storing 150 watt-hours of electricity in 1 kilogram of battery. These batteries do not have a memory effect owing to which they are not required to be discharged prior to recharging. These low maintenance batteries are ideal for modern fuel gauge applications as their self-discharge is much lower than that of nickel-cadmium batteries. Besides this, Li-ion batteries can be used for a variety of applications ranging from automobiles to power sources for mobile devices and personal computers.
The North America lithium-ion battery market is currently being driven by several factors. The region is experiencing a mounting demand for electric and hybrid vehicles, which employ lithium-ion batteries. Moreover, the escalating sales of consumer electronics in the region have also catalyzed the demand for these batteries. Apart from this, the need for lithium-ion batteries is stimulated based on their excess power storage capacity, which is beneficial during peak hours of electricity demand. In addition to this, rapid growth in renewable energy production in the region, especially wind and solar energy, has also induced the need for grid energy storage. Furthermore, consumers have started relying on electronic gadgets, such as tablets, laptops and smartphones, for communication and other daily activities. As these devices mostly run on lithium-ion batteries, the demand is being escalated at a rapid pace in the region.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America lithium-ion battery market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America lithium-ion battery market?
- What is the breakup of the North America lithium-ion battery market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the North America lithium-ion battery market on the basis of power capacity?
- What is the breakup of the North America lithium-ion battery market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America lithium-ion battery industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America lithium-ion battery industry?
- What is the structure of the North America lithium-ion battery industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America lithium-ion battery industry?
- What are the profit margins in the North America lithium-ion battery industry?
- Base Year Considered: 2018
- Historical Data Coverage: 2013-2018
- Market Forecast: 2019-2024
- Currency: US$
- Geography Covered: North America, United States, Canada and Mexico
- Segments Covered: Product Type, Power Capacity and Application
- Report Customization: Although the publisher has tried to cover everything in the North America lithium-ion battery market landscape, the publisher believes that every stakeholder may have their own specific needs. In view of this, the publisher provides up to 20-man hours of free customization for each report.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Lithium-ion Battery Market
5.1 Market Performance
5.2 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.3 Market Breakup by Power Capacity
5.4 Market Breakup by Application
5.5 Market Breakup by Region
5.6 Market Forecast
6 North America Lithium-ion Battery Market
6.1 Market Performance
6.2 Market Forecast
7 North America Lithium-ion Battery Market: Breakup by Product Type
7.1 Lithium Cobalt Oxide
7.2 Lithium Iron Phosphate
7.3 Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt
7.4 Lithium Manganese Oxide
8 North America Lithium-ion Battery Market: Breakup by Power Capacity
8.1 0 to 3000mAh
8.2 3000mAh to 10000mAh
8.3 10000mAh to 60000mAh
8.4 More than 60000mAh
9 North America Lithium-ion Battery Market: Breakup by Application
9.1 Consumer Electronics
9.2 Electric Vehicles
9.3 Energy Storage
10 North America Lithium-ion Battery Market: Breakup by Country
10.1 United States
10.1.1 Historical Market Trends
10.1.2 Market Breakup by Product Type
10.1.3 Market Breakup by Power Capacity
10.1.4 Market Breakup by Application
10.1.5 Market Forecast
11 SWOT Analysis
12 Value Chain Analysis
12.2 Research and Development
12.3 Raw Material Procurement
13 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
13.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
13.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
13.4 Degree of Rivalry
13.5 Threat of New Entrants
13.6 Threat of Substitutes
14 Price Analysis
15 Competitive Landscape
15.1 Market Structure
15.2 Key Players
15.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6tiog9