DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North America Laser Diode Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The publisher expects the market to reach a value of US$ 2.23 Billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 6.7% during 2019-2024.
The North America laser diode market reached a value of US$ 1.51 Billion in 2018. A laser diode is a semiconductor device, which exhibits similar properties to that of a light-emitting diode (LED). It emits coherent light in the infrared (IR) or visible spectrum when current passes through it. The light is generated by utilizing a p-n junction with the Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation', or LASER' procedure. A laser diode light consists of a single frequency, which makes it possible to focus this light to a very small point by using a lens system. This does not result in any chromatic aberration as all the energy from the light source is concentrated to a minute spot. Laser diodes or semiconductor lasers are more efficient, which makes them an ideal solution for numerous devices, such as barcode readers, autonomous vehicles, laser printers, fiber optic communications and security systems.
The North America laser diode market is currently being driven by several factors. A surge in R&D activities, particularly in the military and defense industries, has propelled the demand for laser diode in the region. Apart from this, increasing application of semiconductor laser diodes in the healthcare sector is one of the major market drivers. Laser diode is widely used in cosmetic procedures, body contouring, hair removal, LASIK surgery, OCT, skin resurfacing, tattoo removal, wrinkle reduction, pigmentation reduction, etc. Moreover, the increasing demand for laser diodes in the electronics, automotive and aerospace industries has also induced the market growth. Furthermore, the presence of telecom laser firms, which employ laser diode as a major component, has also spurred the demand. Several benefits, such as compact size, high electrical efficiency, low maintenance, and short wavelength of laser diode, have also induced its demand in the material processing industry.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America laser diode market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America laser diode market?
- What is the breakup of the North America laser diode market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the North America laser diode market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America laser diode industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America laser diode industry?
- What is the structure of the North America laser diode industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America laser diode industry?
- What are the profit margins in the North America laser diode industry?
- Base Year Considered: 2018
- Historical Data Coverage: 2013-2018
- Market Forecast: 2019-2024
- Currency: US$
- Geography Covered: North America, United States and Canada
- Segments Covered: Type and Application.
- Report Customization: Although the publisher has tried to cover everything in the North America laser diode market landscape, the publisher believes that every stakeholder may have their own specific needs. In view of this, the publisher provides up to 20-man hours of free customization for each report.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Laser Diode Market
5.1 Market Performance
5.2 Market Breakup by Type
5.3 Market Breakup by Application
5.4 Market Breakup by Region
5.5 Market Forecast
6 North America Laser Diode Market
6.1 Market Performance
6.2 Market Forecast
7 North America Laser Diode Market: Breakup by Type
7.1 Injection Laser Diode (ILD)
7.2 Optically Pumped Semiconductor Laser (OPSL)
8 North America Laser Diode Market: Breakup by Application
8.1 Optical Storage and Communication
8.2 Industrial Applications
8.3 Medical Applications
8.4 Military and Defense Applications
8.5 Optical Storage and Communication
9 North America Laser Diode Market: Breakup by Country
9.1 United States
9.1.1 Historical Market Trends
9.1.2 Market Breakup by Type
9.1.3 Market Breakup by Application
9.1.4 Market Forecast
10 SWOT Analysis
11 Value Chain Analysis
11.2 Research and Development
11.3 Raw Material Procurement
12 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
12.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
12.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
12.4 Degree of Rivalry
12.5 Threat of New Entrants
12.6 Threat of Substitutes
13 Price Analysis
14 Competitive Landscape
14.1 Market Structure
14.2 Key Players
14.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/blju4u