ATLANTA & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, today reported December, fourth quarter and full year 2019 trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at http://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
“In the fourth quarter, we registered growth in open interest across every asset class as our customers relied on our transparent, liquid, and accessible markets for efficient price discovery and risk management,” said Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange.
- Total energy average daily volume (ADV) up 3% y/y in December; open interest (OI) up 7% y/y
- Brent OI up 4% y/y in December; record Brent futures OI of 2.7M lots reached on December 19, 2019
- Gasoil ADV up 13% y/y in December; OI up 10% y/y
- Other crude & refined products ADV up 16% y/y in 2019, 4Q19 ADV up 7% y/y and December ADV up 24% y/y; OI up 13% y/y
- Record heating oil ADV up 46% y/y in 2019, record 4Q19 ADV up 102% y/y and record December ADV up 213% y/y; OI up 6% y/y
- Total oil ADV up 4% y/y in December; record oil futures OI of 8.6M lots reached on December 20, 2019; OI up 6% y/y
- Record European natural gas ADV up 47% y/y in 2019, record 4Q19 ADV up 41% y/y and up 84% y/y in December; record OI of 2.8M lots reached on December 24, 2019; OI up 38% y/y
Agriculture & Metals
- Record ags & metals ADV up 4% y/y in 2019, 4Q19 ADV up 8% y/y, December ADV up 38% y/y; OI up 5% y/y
- Sugar ADV up 2% y/y in 2019, December ADV up 42% y/y; OI up 5% y/y
- Coffee ADV up 13% y/y in 2019, 4Q19 ADV up 22% y/y and December ADV up 75% y/y; OI up 4% y/y
- Cocoa ADV up 3% y/y in 2019, 4Q19 ADV up 13% y/y and December ADV up 20% y/y; OI up 14% y/y
- Cotton ADV up 10% y/y in 4Q19 and December ADV up 5% y/y
Equities & Interest Rates
- MSCI ADV up 9% y/y in 2019; OI up 11% y/y
- Sterling OI up 20% y/y
ICE will report fourth quarter 2019 earnings on Thursday, February 6, 2020.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company formed in the year 2000 to modernize markets. ICE serves customers by operating the exchanges, clearing houses and information services they rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global financial and commodity markets. A leader in market data, ICE Data Services serves the information and connectivity needs across virtually all asset classes. As the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, the company is the premier venue for raising capital in the world, driving economic growth and transforming markets.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key information Documents (KIDS)”.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, as filed with the SEC on February 7, 2019.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange