DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Cell and Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Management Market, 2019-2030: Focus on Technological Solutions" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2018, around USD 13 billion was invested in this domain, representing a 73% increase in capital investments in this domain, compared to the previous year. It is worth highlighting that, based on an assessment of the current pipeline of cell therapies and the historical clinical success of such products, it is likely that around 10-20 advanced therapies are approved by the US FDA each year, till 2025.
Cell and Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Management Market: Focus on Technological Solutions, 2019-2030 report features an extensive study of the growing supply chain management software solutions market.
The focus of this study is on software systems, including cell orchestration platforms (COP), enterprise manufacturing systems (EMS), inventory management systems (IMS), laboratory information management systems (LIMS), logistics management systems (LMS), patient management systems (PMS), quality management systems (QMS), tracking and tracing software (TTS), and other such platforms that are being used to improve / optimize various supply chain-related processes of cell and advanced therapies.
One of the key objectives of the report was to understand the primary growth drivers and estimate the future size of the supply chain management software solutions market. Based on multiple parameters, such as number of cell and advanced therapies under development, expected pricing, likely adoption rates, and potential cost saving opportunities from different software systems, we have developed informed estimates of the evolution of the market, over the period 2019-2030.
In addition, we have provided the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity across:
- [A] different software systems (COP, EMS, IMS, LIMS, LMS, PMS, QMS, and TTS)
- [B] applications (donor eligibility assessment, sample collection, manufacturing, logistics, and patient verification and treatment follow-up)
- [C] modes of deployment (cloud and on-premises)
- [D] end users (biobanks, cell therapy labs, hospitals, research institutes, and commercial organizations)
[E] key geographical regions (North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific)
Amongst other elements, the report features:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape, featuring a comprehensive list of over 160 technological platforms that are being used to manage the cell and advanced therapies supply chain, along with information on the different types of software systems (COP, EMS, IMS, LIMS, LMS, PMS, QMS, TTS, and others), their key specifications and benefits (chain of identity and custody, compatibility and integration, data management and analytics, regulatory compliance, reliability and security, scalability, software-as-a-service, traceability, user-friendliness, workflow management, and others), affiliated modes of deployment (cloud and on-premises), scale of management (small enterprise, mid-size enterprise and large enterprise), end users (biobanks, cell therapy labs, hospitals, research institutes, commercial organizations, and others), applications (ordering and scheduling, sample collection, manufacturing, logistics, and patient verification and treatment follow-up), regulatory certifications / accreditations (21 CFR Part 11, CLIA, FACT-JACIE, GAMP 5, GDPR, HIPAA, and others), and key support services offered (customization, installation / implementation, maintenance, training / technical support, upgradation, validation and testing, and others).
- An insightful company competitiveness analysis, taking into consideration the supplier power (based on their employee base and years of experience in the industry) and portfolio-related parameters, such as number of software solutions offered, affiliated modes of deployment, scale of management, end users, applications, regulatory certifications / accreditations, support services offered, and key platform specifications and benefits.
- Comprehensive profiles of industry players that are currently offering software solutions for supply chain management, featuring an overview of the company, its financial information (if available), and a detailed description of its software system(s). Each profile also includes a list of recent developments, highlighting the key achievements, partnership activity, and the likely strategies that may be adopted by these players to fuel growth, in the foreseen future.
- A detailed review of the cell and advanced therapies supply chain, offering insights on the processes associated with various stages, such as donor eligibility assessment, sample collection, manufacturing, logistics, and patient verification and treatment follow-up, along with information on cost requirements and existing opportunities for improvement in the supply chain management practices.
- A qualitative assessment of the current and long-term needs of different stakeholders (patients, healthcare providers, collection centers, manufacturers, logistics service providers and regulators / payers) involved in the cell and advanced therapies supply chain, featuring a summary of the diverse needs and areas of concern, along with our opinion (based on past and prevalent trends) on how the industry is preparing to address such issues.
- An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development, such as seed financing, venture capital financing, debt financing, grants, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings received by companies that are engaged in this field.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the domain, in the period between 2014 and Q3 2019, covering software licensing agreements, mergers and acquisitions, product development agreements, product integration agreements, distribution agreements, asset purchase agreements, and other relevant deals.
- A detailed analysis of the platform utilization use cases where aforementioned software systems were leveraged by various stakeholders in the domain, in the period between 2014 and Q3 2019, highlighting the ways in which companies have implemented such systems to improve / optimize various supply chain-related processes of cell and advanced therapies.
- An in-depth analysis of the cost saving potential across various processes of the cell and advanced therapies supply chain that can be brought about by the implementation of bespoke and integrated technological solutions / software systems.
- A case study on COPs, featuring insights on their key functions and implementation strategies, while also considering their strategic position and connectivity with other adjacent systems within the cell and advanced therapies supply chain. In addition, it provides a brief discussion on the growing popularity of COPs on the social media platform, Twitter.
In order to account for the uncertainties associated with some of the key parameters and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios portraying the conservative, base and optimistic tracks of the industry's evolution.
The opinions and insights presented in this study were influenced by discussions conducted with several stakeholders in this domain. The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following individuals:
- Bryan Poltilove (Vice President and General Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Jacqueline Barry (Chief Clinical Officer, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult)
- Jill Maddux (Director, Cell and Gene Therapy Product Strategy, McKesson) and Divya Iyer (Senior Director, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, McKesson)
- Martin Lamb (Chief Business Officer, TrakCel)
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
4. Current Market Landscape
5. Company Competitiveness Analysis
6. Core Supply Chain Management Software Solutions: Company Profiles
7. Cell Orchestration Platforms: Emerging Trends and Profiles of Key Players
8. Funding and Investment Analysis
9. Partnerships and Collaborations
10. Platform Utilization Use Cases
11. Value Chain Analysis
12. Stakeholder Needs Analysis
13. Cost Savings Analysis
14. Market Forecast
15. Executive Insights
16. Concluding Remarks
17. Appendix 1: List of Additional Supply Chain Management Software Solutions
18. Appendix 2: Tabulated Data
19. Appendix 3: List of Companies and Organizations
- 3P Biopharmaceuticals
- 4G Clinical
- Abbott Informatics
- Adaptimmune Therapeutics
- Advanced Therapy Treatment Centres
- F Industry
- Agaram Technologies
- Alberta Cell Therapy Manufacturing
- Ambry Genetics
- Antares Vision
- AQ Manager
- ArunA Biomedical
- Atara Biotherapeutics
- Atomos Hyla
- Autolus Therapeutics
- Autoscribe Informatics
- Avita Medical
- Baptist Memorial Health Care
- BatchMaster Software
- BC Platforms
- Bika Lab Systems
- Biokin Pharmaceutical
- and over 440 more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qqw8a