DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market, 2019-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market, 2019-2030 features an extensive study of the current landscape and the likely future opportunities associated with novel vaccine delivery devices, over the next 10-12 years.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the existing market size and assess potential future growth opportunities for novel vaccine delivery devices. Based on various parameters, such as number of marketed / pipeline products, price of devices (for commercially available products only) and estimated annual adoption rate, we have developed an informed estimate on the likely evolution of the market over the period 2019-2030.
In addition, we have provided the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunities across:
- [A] type of device (electroporation-based needle free injection systems, oral delivery systems, nasal delivery systems, jet injectors, microneedle patches and microinjectors)
- [B] route of administration (oral, intramuscular, intranasal, intradermal and subcutaneous)
- [C] type of vaccine (Bivalent Oral Polio Vaccine, BCG Vaccine, DTP-HepB-Hib Vaccine, Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine, Influenza Vaccine, Measles Vaccine, Tetanus-Diphtheria Vaccine and Others)
- [D] key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia and rest of the world)
According to experts, the global vaccines market is anticipated to generate revenues worth USD 100 billion by 2025.
Recent global immunization records indicate that more than 115 million children were immunized against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis in 2018. Given the rate at which the global population is growing, the demand for vaccines is likely to increase significantly.
However, biopharmaceutical developers are plagued by concerns related to storage and handling of such preventive / therapeutic products. One commonly reported issue is related to vaccine administration. Despite the success of conventional delivery approaches, which rely on the intramuscular and subcutaneous routes of administration, the present scenario dictates that further improvements are required in order to deal with challenges related to large scale immunization initiatives. Some of the commonly reported disadvantages of the conventional (parenteral) mode of delivery include pain during administration, risk of cross contamination, needlestick injuries, and inaccurate dosing.
Of late, there has been an evident shift in interest to non-invasive immunization methods, which include oral, intranasal and transdermal modes of administration. Currently, many biopharmaceutical companies and clinical research institutes are engaged in the development of novel vaccine delivery systems, taking into consideration the specific requirements of large scale immunization initiatives. As a result, significant efforts have been put into the development of drug delivery technologies / devices, such as microneedle patches, electroporation-based needle free injection systems, jet injectors, inhalation-based delivery systems, biodegradable implants and certain novel types of oral delivery systems.
It is worth highlighting that most of the aforementioned systems are specifically being designed to facilitate pain-free administration of vaccines and allow self-administration. Vaccine developers are also attempting to devise ways to make such products more stable so as to eliminate the need for cold chain in transporting such products. Given the pace of innovation in this field, it is anticipated that the novel vaccine delivery devices market is likely to witness radical changes in the coming years.
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- A detailed assessment of the overall novel vaccine delivery devices market landscape, featuring an elaborate list of device developers and analysis based on a number of relevant parameters, such as year of establishment, company size, geographical location, type of device (autoinjectors, microneedle patches, jet injectors, dry powder inhalers, microinjectors, nasal delivery systems, pen injectors, biodegradable implants, electroporation-based needle free injection systems and novel oral delivery systems), route of administration (subcutaneous, transdermal, intramuscular, intradermal, inhalation, intranasal, and oral), drug delivery mechanism (mechanical, electrical and miscellaneous), nature of vaccine administration (invasive and non-invasive), speed of administration (fast, moderate and slow), self- administration potential, provisions for audio / visual feedback, device usability (disposable and reusable), type of needle (needleless, fixed needle, detachable needle, and hidden needle), and current development status of novel vaccine delivery systems (preclinical / discovery, clinical and marketed).
- A detailed competitiveness analysis of novel vaccine delivery devices, taking into consideration the supplier power (based on the year of establishment of developer company) and key product specifications (such as route of administration, device usability, drug delivery mechanism, availability of needle safety system, speed of administration, self-administration potential, provisions for audio / visual feedback, nature of administration, cold chain requirement and current status of development).
- An analysis evaluating the effectiveness of various vaccines delivery devices in order to compare their respective strengths and capabilities based on a variety of relevant parameters, such as type of active ingredient, dosage form, route of administration, target disease indication and target patient population.
- A detailed list of marketed and pipeline vaccine candidates that are anticipated to be developed in combination with novel vaccine delivery devices in the near future, featuring analysis based on parameters, such as type of active ingredient, dosage form, route of administration, target disease indication and target patient population.
- Elaborate profiles of prominent product developers engaged in this domain; each profile features a brief overview of the company, its financial information (if available), information on its product portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An analysis of recent collaborations and partnership agreements inked in this domain since 2014, including details of deals that were / are focused on novel vaccine delivery devices. The partnerships captured in the report were analyzed on the basis of year of establishment, type of agreement, type of device, type of vaccine, type of active ingredient and target disease indication.
- A discussion on important, industry-specific trends, key market drivers and challenges, under a comprehensive SWOT framework, featuring a qualitative Harvey ball analysis that highlights the relative impact of each SWOT parameter on the overall market.
In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry's growth.
The opinions and insights presented in the report were influenced by discussions held with senior stakeholders in the industry.
The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following industry stakeholders:
- Michael Schrader, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Vaxess Technologies
- Mikael Ekstrom and Roger Lassing, Vice President, Business Development, Iconovo
- Henry King, Market Intelligence and Business Development Manager, Innoture
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
4. Market Landscape
5. Device Competitiveness Analysis
6. Technology Effectiveness Analysis
7. Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices: Likely Vaccine Candidates
8. Company Profiles
9. Partnerships and Collaborations
10. SWOT Analysis
11. Market Sizing and Opportunity Analysis
12. Executive Insights
13. Concluding Remarks
14. Appendix 1: Tabulated Data
15. Appendix 2: List of Companies and Organizations
- ABO Pharmaceuticals
- AC Immune
- Aduro Biotech
- Advagene Biopharma
- Aelix Therapeutics
- Aesica Pharmaceuticals
- Aimmune Therapeutics
- Aivita Biomedical
- AJ Vaccines
- Alopexx Vaccine
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Anhui Zhifei Longcom Biologic Pharmacy
- Animal Health Board
- Antares Pharma
- Apogee Technology
- Araclon Biotech
- Archivel Farma
- Argos Therapeutics
- Astellas Pharma
- Australian Respiratory and Sleep Medicine Institute
- AVIR Green Hills Biotechnology
- Axon Neuroscience
- Barr Labs
- Bavarian Nordic
- Baylor College of Medicine
- BCN Peptides
- Becton Dickinson
- Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Beijing Institute of Biological Products
- Beijing Minhai Biotechnology
- Beijing Tricision Biotherapeutics
- Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy Enterprise
- Beijing Zhifei Lvzhu Biopharmaceutical
- Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine
- and many, many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tvxdn1