SAINT-EUSTACHE, Quebec--(BUSINESS WIRE)--There's one New Year's resolution that everyone should take seriously: Keep your eyes on the road when driving! In an ongoing effort to promote safe driving habits, HGrégoire is launching an awareness campaign on Distracted Driving.
Between January 2 and 31, 2020, clients at our 22 Quebec locations will receive a mobile phone support when they pick up their vehicle, along with a letter explaining the purpose of this vitally important campaign.
"Distracted driving is an area of concern to us. Through this initiative, we want to help our clients comply with the Highway Safety Code and educate them about switching to full driving mode when behind the wheel, taking care to avoid distractions. It's the best possible New Year's resolution: being better organized, getting accustomed to not using the phone, even hands-free," says Harry Kasparian, HGrégoire's chief marketing officer.
Distracted driving is still one of the leading causes of serious or fatal accidents in Quebec. The Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec offers several recommendations to reduce distracted driving:
- Turn off your mobile phone. If you must use your device, make sure it's attached to a support, or stop in a safe place where parking is permitted.
- Activate a mobile application to block calls and text messages while travelling.
- Ask your passengers to take the calls, read or send text messages or emails during the trip.
- Give yourself sufficient time to eat, drink or smoke, so you don't have to do so while driving.
- Programme the radio, insert the CD you want to listen to, or create a playlist.
- Study the map and driving directions or programme your GPS before you leave.
- Make sure you finish pre-driving preparations (make-up, shaving, etc.).
- If travelling with children, make sure they have everything they need for the duration of the trip.
Since June 30, 2018, the Highway Safety Code has prohibited use of telephones or other portable devices designed to transmit or receive information or to be used for entertainment purposes, or to use display screens unless secured to the vehicle with a support, used in hands-free or voice-activated mode, and only for driver-related purposes.
Founded in 1993, with its head office in Saint-Eustache, Quebec, HGrégoire employs more than 1,000 people in Canada and the United States. HGrégoire offers the largest inventory of pre-owned vehicles in Canada, making it the leader in pre-owned vehicle sales. Winner of Consumers’ Choice Awards for 14 consecutive years, the family-run business oversees 22 new and pre-owned vehicle dealerships in Quebec and eight in Florida. For more information, visit hgregoire.com. Visit the HGreg.com online newsroom, hgreg.com/newsroom, for pictures and other media resources.