DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Asset Management in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In view of the increasing competition and narrowing margins among oil and gas companies, asset management is obtaining greater relevance in enhancing operational efficiencies. Asset management provides a structured methodology of creating, operating, maintaining and decommissioning assets in a cost-effective way. Modern oil and gas facilities are being set up on a larger scale than before, having higher production and storage capacities, to insulate them from market volatility and improve long term profitability.
A well-designed asset management plan becomes even more important for projects such as these in achieving their eventual objectives. Asset management solutions are not bound by restrictions of scale or geographic distances and can be implemented to oversee multiple establishments from a centralized location. These solutions can help reduce equipment downtime, inventory control, resource management, save costs, and meet legal and regulatory compliances.
The industry also has to manage aging infrastructure to extract optimum performance from them while minimizing health and safety risks. Asset management solutions can play a pivotal role in making this happen, along with ensuring that operational costs are kept in control. These solutions also improve the overall uptime and performance of assets and prolong their operational life. Moreover, the growing need to curb greenhouse gas emissions from oil and gas operations is giving added impetus to implementing asset management solutions.
The alignment of important strategic and investment objectives with efficient operational and project management procedures is of paramount significance for oil and gas businesses to maximize the value of an oil and gas field throughout its life cycle. This may include aspects such as efficient capital and operating expenditure management, maximizing production levels, and extending a field's life. In making these strategic decisions, asset management solutions can help oil and gas companies reduce costs and mitigate operational risks. A sound asset management plan can provide a holistic approach towards enhancing visibility, collaboration, performance and generating higher value from operational expenditures.
Asset management can effectively address all core priorities of oil and gas companies - improving operational efficiencies; protecting the environment and its ecosystems; and health and safety of the workers. It is clear that operational efficiency is one of the primary driving forces behind the increasing wave of investment within this technology application.
Nevertheless, considering the growing demand from environmentalists for curtailing exploration and production activities amid climate change concerns, the oil and gas industry will increasingly turn towards asset management to limit the environmental impact of their operations and thwart another Deepwater Horizon catastrophe.
Companies such as:
- Aker Solutions
- Bureau Veritas
- Lloyd's Register
- Schneider Electric
- Overview of asset management as a theme in the oil and gas industry and its impact on operations
- Analyzing the objective of asset management program in the context of oil and gas industry
- A brief overview of the asset management lifecycle in relation to the oil and gas value chain
- Assessment of competitive positions of the major oil and gas companies and asset management solution providers
Reasons to buy
- Understand the importance of implementing asset management solutions in oil and gas operations
- Identify the key trends for asset management theme in the oil and gas industry
- Understand the asset management technology value chain for the oil and gas industry and identify some of the leaders and challengers at each stage of the value chain
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies and solution providers based on their exposure to asset management theme
Key Topics Covered:
- Oil & gas sector trends
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Objectives of an asset management program
- Maintenance is at the core of any asset management program
- Digital transformation in asset management
- North American companies turning to asset management to sustain aging infrastructure
- Digital twin implementation is the main feature of asset management strategy in the North Sea
- Asset management in other regions
- Prioritizing asset management today could lead to potential rewards down the road
- Device layer
- Connectivity layer
- Asset management applications layer
- Asset analytics layer
- Services layer
- Oil and gas companies
- Asset management providers
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/l9fq15