The use of nanocellulose offers environmentally friendly solutions and a petroleum-based alternative for a range of industries including automotive composites and packaging. Wood products have also grown in prominence recently in construction allowing for buildings that can be constructed faster, are strong, lightweight and offer improved insulation and noise reduction. The use of nanocellulose in buildings offer enhanced thermal insulation capability and mechanical properties that contribute to energy savings, less usage of environmentally harmful materials, and reduction of adverse environmental impacts.
Nanocellulose will greatly impact environmentally friendly and biodegradable solutions in market such as packaging films, paper & board, composites, paints, coatings & films, biomedical applications (e.g., pharmaceuticals, diagnostic imaging, drug delivery, tissue engineering materials), textiles, oil & gas, filtration, cement, sensors, rheology modifiers, aerogels, 3D printing and printed & flexible electronics.
Most major paper and pulp producers are actively involved in commercialization of Cellulose nanofibers (CNF), seeking commercial application in high volume industries such as paper & board, composites and packaging. However, several are also seeking to move into applications in areas such as electronics and adding production of Cellulose nanocrystals (CNC) for more advanced applications. Celluforce is investing in upgrading their CNC capability and Melodea is establishing a 35 ton per annum CNC plant in Sweden with plans for a 200 ton per annum facility in Israel by 2022.
The nanocellulose market is growing fast in Japan, with products already on the market in textiles, sanitary products and consumer goods. The market is heavily concentrated in countries with significant forestry industries.
The latest edition of The Global Market for Nanocelluose features a wide range of new information including:
- Expanded analysis for the market for cellulose nanocrystals.
- New figures on market size in revenues (Millions USD), by cellulose type. Current, historic and estimated to 2030.
- New figures on regional market size in tons and revenues. Current, historic and estimated to 2030.
- Roadmap for commercial nanocellulose commercial applications
- In-depth analysis of the market by applications including estimated market size, penetration and growth. Applications covered include Polymer composite parts; Biodegradable and renewable nanocomposites; Automotive composites; Packaging films; Aerogels; Construction materials; Packaging fillers/additives; Paint and coatings additives; Deoderant sheets; Pharmaceutical additives; Renewable plastic parts/casings; Transparent films for electronics; Flexible and printed electronics; Batteries; Flexible and paper batteries; Filtration membranes.
- Expanded profiles on nanocellulose producers including recent activities to December 2019.
Report contents include:
- In-depth analysis of the global market for nanocellulose products, applications, producers, product developers and products
- Nanocellulose applications by industry, matrix material and product. Applications are assessed for technology and market readiness, and potential market volume in terms of nanocellulose consumption by application.
- The readiness of nanocellulose-based solution for each industry and nanomaterials working concentration in material application. Contribution of nano cellulose to improved performance in each application.
- Assessment of nanocellulose market including production volumes, competitive landscape, commercial prospects, applications, demand by market and region, commercialization timelines, prices and producer profiles.
- Examples of successful markets and products.
- Competitive landscape for nanocellulose among other similar additives.
- Global nanocellulose production capacities, by producer and type of nanocellulose.
- Market segmentation by type of nanocellulose.
- Current nanocellulose products (cellulose nanofibers, cellulose nanocrystals and bacterial cellulose).
- Stage of commercialization for nanocellulose applications by company.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by target markets.
- In-depth market assessment of opportunities for nanocellulose including revenues, growth rates, pricing, and market challenges.
- Revenues and tonnage demand for end-user markets for nanocellulose.
- The regional analysis of the market for nanocellulose.
87 In-depth company profiles, including products, capacities, production processes, target markets and commercial activities
Key Topics Covered:
- Market Structure For Nanocellulose
- SWOT Analysis
- Regulations and Standards
- Government Funding For Nanocellulose
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
- Nanocellulose Supply Chain
- Nanocellulose Pricing
- Nanocellulose Patents and Publications
- Competing Materials
- Markets For Nanocellulose
- Nanocellulose Current and Potential Applications Analysis
- Cellulose Nanofiber Company Profiles
- Cellulose Nanocrystal (CNC) Producers
- Bacterial Cellulose (BC) Producers
- Nanocellulose Research Groups and Centres
- American Process, Inc.
- Ashai Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Chuetsu Pulp & Paper
- Daicel Corporation
- Daiichi Kogyo
- Daio Paper Corporation
- Fiberlean Technologies
- Innventia AB
- Nippon Paper
- Oji Holdings
- Seiko PMC
- Stora Enso Ltd.
- Sugino Machine
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z709h5
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.