SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Acucela Inc. (“Acucela”), a clinical-stage ophthalmology company and wholly-owned subsidiary of Kubota Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 4596), announced today its participation in Biotech Showcase™ 2020, being held in San Francisco, CA, from January 13-15, 2020, in parallel with the 38th annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference.
The event will be attended by Jim Niebanck, Chief Commercialization Officer, and Michael Kuran, Business Development and Licensing Advisor, who will introduce Acucela’s game-changing therapeutic and MedTech assets to prospective partners and investors, including the following:
- Retaku® (Emixustat). A first-in-class non-retinoid visual cycle modulator (VCM) in Phase 3 trials for Stargardt disease (Orphan Designation) and in Phase 2 trials for proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- Human Rhodopsin Gene Therapy. An optogenetic gene therapy in translational development for retinitis pigmentosa.
- VAP-1 Inhibitor. A novel NCE in translational development for treatment of diabetic macular edema, non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy and uveitis/ocular inflammation with potential therapeutic applications in diabetic nephropathy, NASH, osteoarthritis, COPD, MS, IBD and other inflammatory or painful conditions.
- Retinal Health Remote Monitoring Device (eyeMO®). A home-based, patient self-monitoring miniature optical coherence tomography (OCT) device, eyeMO® is designed to detect nascent disease progression and support patient re-treatment prior to irreversible vision loss due to disease progression from neovascular retinal diseases.
- Myopia Devices. Potentially game-changing medical devices in exploratory R&D to reduce the progression of myopia.
Registered Biotech Showcase™ 2020 attendees may request one-on-one meetings with Acucela through the online partneringONE® system or via direct contact to the principals below.
About Biotech Showcase™
Biotech Showcase™ is an investor and networking conference devoted to providing private and public biotechnology and life sciences companies with an opportunity to present to, and meet with, investors and pharmaceutical executives in one place. Investors and biopharmaceutical executives from around the world gather in San Francisco during this important week which sets the tone for the coming year. Now in its twelfth year, this rapidly growing conference features multiple tracks of presenting companies, plenary sessions, workshops, networking, and an opportunity to schedule one-to-one meetings. Biotech Showcase™ is produced by Demy-Colton and EBD Group. Both organizations have a long history of producing high quality programs that support the biotechnology and broader life sciences industry. For additional information on Biotech Showcase™ 2020, please visit: https://ebdgroup.knect365.com/biotech-showcase/.
About Acucela Inc.
Acucela Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kubota Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 4596) committed to translating innovation into a diverse portfolio of drugs and devices to preserve and restore vision for millions of people worldwide. Acucela’s development pipeline include drug candidates for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy, Stargardt disease, and optogenetics-based gene therapy for the treatment of retinitis pigmentosa. The company is also developing a handheld OCT device for the monitoring of neovascular retinal diseases, to be used directly by patients. https://www.acucela.com; https://www.kubotaholdings.co.jp/en/
Cautionary Statements: https://www.kubotaholdings.co.jp/en/1/index.html