SOX and Internal Control best practices continue to evolve. Led by national accounting firm technical experts and complemented by industry panelists, the program includes a combination of lectures and interactive discussions for a deeper understanding of the topics.
- Understand the latest regulatory/best practice changes in key areas
- What to expect under the new administration
- Begin to assess the effects of the latest accounting standards on your SOX compliance
Who Should Attend:
CFOs (and their staff), Controllers, VPs of Finance, Financial Managers, Internal Auditors, Tax Accountants, Treasury Staff, Accountants in Industry, Internal Control/SOX personnel, Consultants, Public Accountants, Educators.
Agenda: DAY 1
8:00 - 8:45
- Continental Breakfast and Registration
8:45 - 10:15
- ICFR Lessons Learned and Best Practices
- Common challenged in the SOX program life cycle including risk assessment and control selection and design
- Controls related to significant unusual transactions
- Information Used in Controls (IUC) and the use of technology to modernize the SOX program
10:15 - 10:30 - Break
10:30 - 12:00
- Are Your Internal Controls in Harmony With Your Business
- Has your ICFR program kept pace with changes in the business and regulatory landscapes
- How do you select and monitor the right scope and mix of controls?
- Refreshing your ICFR program can provide additional results
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2:15
- Information Provided by Entity (IPE) Update
- IPE Requirements
- How companies are dealing with IPE
- Importance of good IPE controls
- IPE in relation to Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
2:15 - 2:25 - Break
2:25 - 3:55
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Update
- Understand and control RPA risks
- Getting it right from the start rather than patching later
- Practical examples and cases
3:55 - 4:00 - Break
4:00 - 5:30
- SOX Survey Results Explained
- Current state of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Benchmarking SOX Costs, Hours and Controls
- Key findings
- Use of automated control testing and RPA
- SOX hours continue to climb
Agenda: DAY 2
8:45 - 10:00
- Latest PCAOB Audit Trends
- What is the PCAOB dinging the firms on?
- Industry trends
- Dealing with your auditors
10:00 - 10:10 - Break
10:10 - 11:30
- Data Privacy and Impact on Testing SOX Controls
- Confidentiality of examples and population
- Where companies are running into issues
11:30 - 12:30
- IT General Controls: Deeper Dive
- Trends in IT General and Application Controls
- What we are seeing with our clients
12:30 - 1:30 - Lunch
1:30 - 3:00
- SOX and the New Revenue Recognition Rules
- Data, system and process implications
- Risk assessment
- Designing and implementing adoption specific controls
- What we saw in initial implementation efforts
3:00 - 3:15 - Break
3:15 - 4:30
- FAQs - Top Client Questions on SOX & Internal Controls
- How can we reduce SOX compliance fees?
- Do I have too many key controls?
- What is the right/best way to perform an account reconciliation?
- I want to go public. What do I need to think about?
- How can I streamline my controls with technology and automation?
- I'm putting in a new system - what do I need to think about?
- What is coming down the pipeline from the PCAOB, external auditors, that I need to know about?
- How can I demonstrate that I remediated a material weakness?
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pgk65j