DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Next Generation Sequencing Market by Type (Consumables, NGS Platform, Software), Sequencing Type (Whole Genome, Targeted), Technology (Sequencing by Synthesis, Sequencing by Ligation), Application (Clinical, Research), End User - Global Forecasts to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global next-generation sequencing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.7% from 2019 to 2025 to reach $14.6 billion by 2025.
Succeeding an extensive secondary and primary research and in-depth analysis of the market scenario, the report carries out an impact analysis of the key industry drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. The factors such as technological advancements in sequencing procedures, the surge in genome mapping programs, and the increase in drug discovery platforms demanding NGS technology - are driving the growth of the global next-generation sequencing market. Moreover, growing government initiatives for large-scale genomic sequencing projects and the emergence of cloud computing as a potential data management service supports the growth of this market. However, the lack of skilled professionals hinders the adoption of NGS solutions, thereby restricting the growth of this market.
Key questions answered in the report:
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of product type, sequencing type, technology, application, end user, and regions/countries?
- What was the historical market for NGS across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates for the period 2019-2025?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, challenges, opportunities, and trends in the global NGS market?
- Who are the major players in the global NGS market?
- How is the competitive landscape and who are the market leaders in the global NGS market?
- What are the recent developments in the global NGS market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global NGS market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
NGS Consumables segment is estimated to command the largest share of the global next-generation sequencing market in 2019 and expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period mainly due to the increasing use of sequencing reagents and kits for diagnostic procedures in diagnostic laboratories and recurrent use of consumables while sequencing procedures.
The next-generation sequencing market for clinical diagnostic laboratories (end-user segment) segment is estimated to command the largest share of the overall NGS sequencing market in 2019. This is attributed to the increasing volume of diagnostic procedures performed in clinical diagnostic laboratories, growing adoption of next-generation sequencing products, and high inclination towards genetic analysis in clinical diagnosis to provide tailored treatments.
North America region is estimated to command the largest share of the global next-generation sequencing market in 2019, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The large share of North America is mainly attributed to the easy availability of new technologies in the region, increasing research activities to assist the development of personalized medicine, availability of skilled professionals, and the presence of key players.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Market Ecosystem
1.2. Currency and Limitations
1.3. Key Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.2. Market Dynamics
5. Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Type
5.3. NGS Platforms/Instruments
6. Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Sequencing Type
6.2. Whole Genome Sequencing
6.3. Whole Exome Sequencing
6.4. Targeted Genome Sequencing
7. Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Technology
7.2. Sequencing by Synthesis (SBS)
7.3. Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
7.4. Sequencing by Ligation (SBL)
7.5. Single-Molecule Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing
7.6. Nanopore Sequencing
8. Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Application
8.2. Clinical Application
8.3. Research Applications
9. Next Generation Sequencing Market, by End User
9.2. Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories
9.3. Academic Institutes & Research Centers
9.4. Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
9.5. Other End Users
10. Next Generation Sequencing Market, Geography Analysis
10.2. North America
10.5. Latin America
10.6. Middle East & Africa
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1. Competitive Growth Strategies
11.3. Market Share Analysis
12. Company Profiles (Business Overview, Financial Overview, Product Portfolio, Strategic Developments)
12.1. Illumina, Inc.
12.2. Agilent Technologies, Inc.
12.3. Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
12.4. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
12.5. Qiagen N.V.
12.6. PerkinElmer, Inc.
12.7. F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
12.8. 10x Genomics, Inc.
12.9. Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
12.10. Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
12.11. Beckman Coulter, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
12.12. GenapSys, Inc.
12.13. New England Biolabs, Inc.
12.15. BGI Genomics (BGI) (A Subsidiary of BGI Group)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2svm04