The Global Polyurethane Foam Market Should Grow from $26.2 Billion in 2019 to $36.0 Billion By 2024 With a CAGR of 6.5% for the Period of 2019-2024
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the polyurethane foam market, this report also exhaustively covers patents and the company profiles of key players active in the global market.
Polyurethane is a leading member of a wide ranging and highly diverse family of polymers and plastics. Polyurethane foam is a solid or open cellular structured form of polyurethane. Polyurethane foam is mostly available in flexible or rigid form. More precisely, polyurethane foams are created by reacting polyols and diisocyanates in the presence of suitable catalysts and additives. Both products are derived from petroleum crude oil. A series of additives are required to produce the high-quality polyurethane foam products depending on end-use application.
The robust and distinct properties of polyurethane solve complex problems and fit into different shapes which improve the application of polyurethane foams. Polyurethane foam safeguards products by offering exceptional dielectric and adhesive characteristics. Polyurethane foam is resistant to scratches, water, temperature and weather. Polyurethane foams are categorized into three types: spray foam, flexible foam and rigid foam.
Flexible polyurethane foam is utilized as cushioning for a variety of consumer products such as furniture, packaging, bedding, automotive interiors and carpet underlay. Flexible foam can be produced in almost any type of structure and shapes.
Flexible foams are light, comfortable and durable, and used widely for bedding, furniture and automotive applications. Rigid polyurethane foams are one of the most widespread versatile and energy-efficient insulations. These foams may substantially cut energy costs while making residential and commercial properties more comfortable and efficient.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, residential cooling and heating accounts for more than 50% of the energy use in the United States, making it the largest energy expenditure for most residential houses. To maintain constant temperature and lower noise in homes and commercial properties, builders use rigid polyurethane foam. This foam is an effective insulation material that can be used in roof tops, insulated windows, wall insulation, doors and air barrier sealants. Spray polyurethane foams are a spray-applied plastic which insulate buildings, seal cracks and gaps, and make homes more energy efficient and comfortable. Polyurethane foams are also an effective solution in reducing unwanted air intrusion through joints, cracks and seals.
These polyurethane products have a diverse range of applications because their open and elastic cell structure makes them resistant to oxidation and aging.
Polyurethane foams are used in multiple applications including
- Bedding: in mattresses as main filling or as part of blankets and cushions.
- Furniture: sofas and chairs seats, padded fillers, etc.
- Building and construction: as thermal insulation.
- Automotive: in dashboards, seats, etc.
- In toys, footwears, sponges, clothing, packaging and in other kinds of fillings.
- An overview of global polyurethane foam market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Examination of the opportunities and innovation-driven polyurethane foam market highlights, and the major regions and countries involved in these developments
- Analyze the various end-use industry applications of polyurethane foams and the market dynamics of each application
- Identify segments with high growth potential and also understand future applications of the segments
- Examine key trends related to the global market, its various product types and end-use applications that have an influence on the industry
- Comprehensive profiles of major companies in the industry, including BASF Se, Dow Chemical Co., Rogers Corp. and UFP Technologies Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Market Dynamics
- Market Opportunities
- Statements by Key Opinion Leaders
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Flexible Foam
- Rigid Foam
- Spray Foam
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by End Use
- Bedding and Furniture
- Consumer Goods
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
Chapter 7 Patent Review and New Developments
- Important Patents on Polyurethane Foams
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Armacell Gmbh
- Basf Se
- Compagnie De Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Covestro Ag
- Elliott Co.
- Evonik Industries Ag
- Foamcraft Inc.
- Future Foam Inc.
- Huntsman Corp.
- Lanxess Ag
- Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corp.
- Recticel Nv/Sa
- Rogers Corp.
- Sekisui Chemical Co. Ltd.
- The Dow Chemical Co.
- Tosoh Corp.
- Trelleborg Ag
- UFP Technologies Inc.
- Woodbridge Foam Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/l9mxgr