This course will give you a general introduction to the financial market in Sweden. You will learn about the various participants in the financial market; i.e. Riksbanken, the banks, the insurance companies, mortgage banks, Euroclear Sweden and the stock exchange. You will learn about the stock, bond, money- and FX-market.
- The nature of the financial markets
- The role of OMX
- Conventions on the market
- The money market
- The FX market
- The bond market
- The equity market
- Relevant risk figures
Key Topics Covered:
April 20, 2020
09.00 Welcome and introduction
09.15 The Nature of the Financial Markets
- What is the prime objective of the financial markets?
- Who needs capital?
- Swedish investors -who are they and what are their motives?
- The role of the exchange (OMX)
- The role of the banks and life insurance
- The role of Riksbanken and Riksgldskontoret
11.00 The Money Market
- How do we define the money market?
- Who is active in the money market?
- Money market conventions
- Which products are traded?
- Deposits, FRAs, repo's, T/N swaps
- Riksbankens leading interest rates
13.00 The Money Market
14.00 The Market of Foreign Exchange (FX)
What affects the exchange rate?
- The purchasing power parity
- The interest rate parity
- The spot and forward market
- FX market conventions
- FX forwards, FX options, FX swaps
- The recent turbulence in the FX markets
16.00 End of day 1
April 21, 2020
09.30 The Bond Market
- The role of the bond market
- The international bond markets
- The Swedish bond market
- Issuers of bonds
- Bond investors
- Bond markets conventions
- Bond types
- How to determine the yield to maturity
- Is the yield-to-maturity a return measure?
- Clean price, dirty price, and accrued interest
- What affects the bond price?
13.00 The Bond Market
14.00 The Stock Market
- The role of the stock market
- Cash flow differences between stocks and bonds
- Stocks on OMXnInitial Public Offering (IPO)
- Corporate actions
- Company valuation
- Understanding the annual report
- The balance sheet
Relevant key figures
- Price/Earnings, Price/Book, Earnings/Share
16.00 End of course and evaluation
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/63sd6v