DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The UAE Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The UAE Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024 report provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the UAE defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The UAE defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the UAE defense industry during 2020-2024, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities: list of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the UAE defense industry.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a federation of seven states that has grown to emerge as one of the Middle East's most important economic centres. The country is located on the South East end of the Arabian Peninsula in the Persian Gulf and is blessed with vast oil and gas reserves.
- Between 2015 and 2019, the UAE's annual defense expenditure stood at an average of US$25 billion per year and this is expected to increase to an average of US$30.6 billion over the forecast period.
- On a cumulative basis, the country is expected to invest US$153 billion for defense purposes, of which US$60.6 billion is earmarked for capital expenditure to fund defense procurements.
- The protection of vital infrastructure, the country's territorial dispute with Iran, and ongoing domestic defense industry building initiatives are expected to drive the country's future defense spending.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities
3.1. Current Market Scenario
3.1.1. Primary Threat Perception
3.1.2. Military Doctrine and Strategy
3.1.3. Procurement Programs
3.1.4. Geopolitical, Social and Economic Scenario
3.1.5. Political and Strategic Alliances
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast
3.2.1. UAE defense budget to record a CAGR of 2.84% over the forecast period
3.2.2. Military modernization initiatives, territorial dispute with Iran, and peace keeping missions to drive defense expenditure
3.2.3. The defense budget as a percentage of GDP is expected to decrease over the forecast period
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation
3.3.1. Procurement of advanced equipment to drive capital expenditure allocation over the forecast period
3.3.2. Capital expenditure is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.41% over the forecast period
3.3.3. Per capita defense expenditure expected to increase over the forecast period
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast
3.4.1. The UAE's homeland security budget is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.97% over the forecast period
3.4.2. Investment in the protection of infrastructure and cyber security are expected to drive the UAE homeland security market
3.5. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets
3.5.1. The UAE's defense budget is expected to register rapid growth over 2020-2024
3.5.2. The UAE's defense expenditure is relatively small when compared to the leading defense spenders
3.5.3. The UAE spent over 6.1% of its GDP on defense in 2019
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Drivers
3.6.1. Top 10 Defense Sectors by Value (US$ Million) - Projections over 2019-2024
3.6.2. Critical Infrastructure Protection - Physical Security
3.6.3. Multirole Aircraft
3.6.4. Land-Based C4ISR
4. Defense Procurement Market Dynamics
4.1. Import Market Dynamics
4.1.1. The domestic defense industry is gradually growing
4.1.2. The UAE was the world's fourth-largest arms importer over the historical period
4.1.3. The US continues to be the major arms supplier to the UAE
4.1.4. Missiles and ships dominate UAE defense imports
4.2. Export Market Dynamics
4.2.1. The UAE has a gradually developing domestic defense export industry
4.2.2. Egypt held the largest share of UAE defense exports
4.2.3. Armored vehicles accounted for the majority of country's defense exports
5. Industry Dynamics
5.1. Five Forces Analysis
5.1.1. Bargaining Power of Supplier: Low to Medium
5.1.2. Bargaining Power of Buyer: Medium to High
5.1.3. Barrier to Entry: Medium to High
5.1.4. Intensity of Rivalry: High
5.1.5. Threat of Substitution: Low to Medium
6. Market Entry Strategy
6.1. Market Regulation
6.1.1. Offset policy aids development of domestic defense industry
6.1.2. Defense deals are settled through direct negotiation or competitive bidding
6.1.3. Foreign OEMs prefer indirect offsets to meet the obligations associated with defense deals
6.2. Market Entry Route
6.2.1. Budgeting Process
6.2.2. Procurement Policy and Process
6.2.3. New laws in place for OEMs to enter the local defense market
6.2.4. Defense exhibitions hosted by the UAE serve as an entry route for foreign OEMs
6.2.5. Joint ventures and collaborations offer alternative means of entering the market
6.3. Key Challenges
6.3.1. Complying with the UAE's stringent offset requirements a concern for OEMs
6.3.2. The UAE demands technology transfers in its defense deals
7. Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
7.1. Competitive Landscape Overview
7.1.1. UAE Market Share Analysis, 2018
7.2. Key Domestic Public Sector Companies
7.3. Key Foreign Companies
8. Business Environment and Country Risk
8.1. Economic Performance
8.1.1. GDP per Capita
8.1.2. Gross Domestic Product
8.1.3. Exports of Goods and Services (LCU Billion)
8.1.4. Imports of Goods and Services (LCU Billion)
8.1.5. LCU per US$ (Period Average)
8.1.6. Market Capitalization of Listed Companies
8.1.7. Market Capitalization of Listed Companies as a Percentage GDP
8.1.8. Foreign Direct Investment, Net (BoP, Current US$ Billion)
8.1.9. Net Foreign Direct Investment as a Percentage of GDP
8.1.10. Mining, Manufacturing, Utilities Output (LCU Billion)
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building
- Gulf Logistics and Naval Support
- Abu Dhabi Systems Integration
- Lockheed Martin
- BAE Systems Plc
- Rolls-Royce Plc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- The Boeing Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ugxox1