HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced it has been recognized as a Military Friendly® Company by VIQTORY, publisher of G.I. Jobs. Travelers is one of 76 companies to earn the designation, which is given to organizations that meet or exceed standards in at least three of four categories:
- Recruiting, hiring and training of veterans (Military Friendly® Employers).
- Recruiting, hiring and training of military spouses (Military Spouse Friendly® Employers).
- Partnering with and supporting veteran-owned businesses (Military Friendly® Supplier Diversity Programs).
- Commitment to military consumer protections and having a positive brand reputation in the military community (Military Friendly® Brands).
“Veterans and military service members bring a unique and valuable set of skills to the company,” said Diane Bengston, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Travelers. “Fostering an environment of inclusion is a priority for us, and we’ve been focused on offering programs, benefits and services that resonate with and support military families.”
Travelers demonstrates its military-friendly commitment in a number of ways, including its:
- Military and Veterans Diversity Network, a resource group focused on building awareness of veterans’ skills and experiences. Since its launch in 2013, the network has grown to more than 3,100 members nationally.
- Support of American Corporate Partners, a national nonprofit focused on helping veterans discover their next career. The partnership began in 2010 and has helped to create life-changing mentorships between Travelers employees and hundreds of post-9/11 veterans.
- Benefits for employees deployed on active duty, which include benefits continuation and leave-of-absence policies. The company provides full benefits and supplements employees’ military pay for up to five years of their deployment.
- Involvement in Recycled Rides, a program managed by the National Auto Body Council that brings together insurers, auto repair shops and others to donate refurbished vehicles to those without reliable transportation.
The company has also signed the Statement of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve at both state and national levels, reaffirming its commitment to service members and their families.
Travelers has earned recognition from VIQTORY for its military-friendly culture for more than a decade and has been named a Military Times “Best for Vets” company since 2014. The Military Friendly® lists are compiled each year based on extensive research using public and government data sources and responses from a comprehensive survey completed by each company. To view the full list, visit militaryfriendly.com/2020-mfc.
To learn more about Travelers and its commitment to recruiting military service members, visit careers.travelers.com/military.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $30 billion in 2018. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.