SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The global melon seeds market was valued at US$ 695.3 million in 2018, and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period (2019–2027).
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Melon Seeds Market:
Melon seeds are available in conventional form or organic seeds. Conventional melon seeds are obtained from melons, which are grown with the use of agrochemicals such as chemical-based pesticides and fungicides.
Organic melon seeds are obtained from melons, which are grown using non-toxic agrochemicals. This in turn has led to shift in preference of farmers towards using organic melon seeds, wherein toxic synthetic agrochemicals such as chemical fertilizers and pesticides are avoided in the cultivation of organic melons.
Request your Sample PDF copy @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/3104
Therefore, in order to attract consumer base, players operating in the melon seeds market are focused towards offering seeds derived from organically grown melons. For instance, Genesis Seeds Ltd., Israel-based company offers organic melon seeds, which are certified under IFOAM & EEC 9092/91, COR - 100% Organic Seeds, and EEC No. 2092/91. Therefore, increasing demand of organic melon seeds is expected to boost the global melon seeds market growth over the forecast period.
Key Market Takeaways:
- The global melon seeds market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2019–2027)
- Among source, watermelon segment is expected to hold significant market share over the forecast period in global melon seeds market, owing to high demand for watermelon in various food and beverage applications such as juice, and salads. Watermelon has health benefits such as it contains various nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. Moreover, it also contains citrulline, a component that aids in lowering of blood pressure, which in turn is expected to increase its demand over the forecast period. Different species of watermelon include dessert watermelon, citron watermelon, egusi watermelon, and colocynth among others, whereas, fruit of each species have its characteristics color and taste.
- Among season, summer segment is expected to hold highest market share during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the favorable temperature condition for sowing melon seeds and growing melons in summer season across the globe. Melons require warm temperature conditions (up to 80°F during the day) for its cultivation. For instance, cantaloupe type of melons mature in late spring and early summer. All types of melon are considered as hot season crops as they develop better taste and flavor during the summer season, whereas melons are sensitive to light freezes and cold temperatures during winters. Therefore, players operating in the global melon seed market are focused on offering melon seed varieties, which can grow in different seasons, in order to expand their consumer base. For instance, Genesis Seeds Ltd. offers 'Melon Suzan F-1' melon seed variety suitable to grow in autumn. Moreover, the company also offers 'Melon Dona F-1' variety, which can be grown into melons throughout the year, whereas the fruit requires 70 to 75 days to mature in spring and 55 to 60 to mature in summer season.
- Some of the major players operating in the global melon seeds market include, Bayer Group, BASF SE, Groupe Limagrain, Syngenta, AG, Advanta Seeds, Sakata Seed Corporation, Semillas Fitó, SA, Yüksel Tohum A.Ş, Johnny's Selected Seeds, and Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V.
Buy this Report (Single User License) @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/3104
Global Melon Seeds Market, By Nature:
- Organic Melon Seeds
- Conventional Melon Seeds
Global Melon Seeds Market, By Source:
- Galia Melons
- Others (Yellow Melons and Others)
Global Melon Seeds Market, By Farm Type:
- Others (Hydroponics)
Global Melon Seeds Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Business to Business
Business to Consumer
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets,
- Specialty Stores
- Online Channel
Global Melon Seeds Market, By Season:
Global Melon Seeds Market, By Region:
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Middle East
- North Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Related Reports to “Melon Seeds Market”:
Cucumber Seeds Market - https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/cucumber-seeds-market-3012
Tomato Seeds Market - https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/tomato-seeds-market-1229
Hybrid Seeds Market - https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/ongoing-insight/hybrid-seeds-market-586
Chia Seeds Market - https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/chia-seeds-market-1248