The Certificate in Employee Relations Law Seminar provides the most comprehensive, practical, up-to-date employment law training available. This is a 4 day seminar geared to the real-world needs of human resource professionals, attorneys, and managers. The seminar provides "best practices" insights and information on the full range of employee relations law issues.
This seminar has been presented hundreds of times to tens of thousands of professionals since 1979, undergoing continuous improvements, updating and refinement.
The seminar is presented by prominent employment law attorneys who are also excellent presenters. They focus is on the practical implications of the law and what steps participants can take on the job to cope with the complex requirements of the various laws and regulations.
Since 1979, the Certificate in Employee Relations Law Seminar has been widely regarded as the professional's choice for employment law training.
The Certificate in Employee Relations Law Seminar is designed to provide participants with a broad base of practical knowledge in all facets of employment law.
The Seminar Provides Participants with:
- A comprehensive understanding of all of today's significant employment laws and regulations, and the ability to know what to do about them in their own workplace.
- The skills to recognize and deal with problem situations. Subjects include coping with federal and state regulatory agencies and their requirements, compliance reviews and agency injunctions, negotiating and settling complaints, and minimizing exposure to litigation by learning what steps and policies to implement in the workplace.
- Complete information regarding current and expected future regulations, enabling your organization to anticipate and plan for the future.
Tens of thousands of past participants have told the organiser that participating in the seminar:
- Enables participants to take concrete and specific actions to substantially reduce their organization's downside risk to expensive, time-consuming and risky litigation.
- Improves on-the-job performance and skills...immediately.
- Provides virtually all the information needed to function effectively in the employment law aspect of a job.
- Increases confidence in dealing with complex employee relations law issues.
- Helps participants to deal more pro-actively with employee relations law issues.
- Increases the participant's value to their organization.
- Provides participants with an excellent environment to meet colleagues and share ideas.
Block I - Labor Law in the Union & Non-Union Workplace - (Monday and Tuesday)
- Overview of Laws Governing the Employer-Union Relationship
- Practical Guidance for Managing Non-Unionized Employees
- Changes in the Law and How they Affect You - The Election Process
- Collective Bargaining
- Strikes and Picketing Activity
- Operating Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Successorship and the Law
- Ending the Union Relationship
Block II - Employment Discrimination Law - (Wednesday and Thursday)
A survey course that examines legal theories under Title VII and other Civil Rights Acts, including discrimination and harassment based upon race, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability.
- Strategies and Practical Advice for Dealing with Issues Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- An Update on Developments in the Law Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Resolving Discrimination Claims Without Litigation
- Litigating Discrimination Claims
- An Examination of Affirmative Action
Block III - Special Issues in Employee Relations Law - (Friday)
This block will address specific employment law/labor law issues of interest to participants not covered in Blocks I and II plus up-to-the-minute laws, regulations and court decisions.
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Wrongful Discharge Litigation
- Employment-Related Tort Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Workplace Privacy Claims
- Protecting Confidential Information
Samuel M. Matchett
King & Spalding's Atlanta Labor & Employment Practice Group
Labor & Employment Group of Sherman & Howard, LLC
John F. Wymer, III
Sherman & Howard LLC
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7fscu3