MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In support of the company’s ongoing commitment to family health and wellness, Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) announced today it will donate $3.2 million in grants to more than 300 nonprofit organizations serving the needs of local families this holiday season as part of its national giving program. Now in its second year, Kohl’s National Giving Program gives its associates the opportunity to support the causes and organizations in their communities that they are passionate about by letting them nominate each year’s grant recipients.
“On behalf of the entire company, we are honored to celebrate and support this group of deserving organizations that are addressing vital needs in communities across the country every single day,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief executive officer. “Once again, we asked our associates to identify the nonprofit organizations that are near and dear to their hearts this Giving Tuesday, and we are thankful to honor those who work diligently to support the health and wellness of children and families nationwide.”
Each of the more than 300 nonprofit grant recipients will receive $10,000 to support their continuous efforts to help families in their communities. The donations made through Kohl’s National Giving Program are made possible through Kohl’s philanthropic program, Kohl’s Cares®, which sells children’s books and plush, donating 100 percent of the net profit to health and wellness organizations nationwide.
Kohl’s is proud to congratulate all the deserving grant recipients, including:
- Camp Courageous (Monticello, Iowa) – Camp Courageous provides year-round recreational and respite care opportunities for individuals with special needs by offering a variety of services including week-long camp sessions, respite care weekends, 24/7 emergency respite care, family camp sessions, a travel program, and more.
- Dogs4Diabetics (Concord, Calif.) – Dogs4Diabetics (D4D) empowers insulin-dependent diabetics to live relentlessly awesome lives with the support of a Medical-Alert Service Dog.
- Florida Epilepsy Services (Tampa, Fla.) – Florida Epilepsy Services offers services including case management and mental health counseling to more than 500 individuals and families throughout Polk, Highland, Hardee and Hillsborough counties.
- Girls Inc. of Shelbyville and Shelby County (Shelbyville, Ind.) – Girls Inc.'s central goal is empowering and inspiring girls and young women. Serving girls ages 5-18, the organization's research-based programming is delivered by trained professionals who focus on the development of the whole girl, supporting, mentoring and guiding girls in an affirming environment.
- South Texas Food Bank (Laredo, Texas) – The South Texas Food Bank is on a mission to alleviate hunger in South Texas communities and eliminate barriers of access to nutritious food through initiatives including its Backpack and Adopt-A-Kid Programs.
- Travis Mills Foundation (Rome, Maine) – Travis Mills Foundation supports recalibrated veterans and their families through long-term programs that help these heroic men and women overcome physical obstacles, strengthen their families, and provide well-deserved rest and relaxation.
For the full list of Kohl’s National Giving Program grant recipients, please visit Corporate.Kohls.com.
This holiday, in addition to Kohl’s National Giving Program, Kohl’s is proud to support the following seasonal initiatives:
- Kohl’s Cares Holiday Merchandise Collection: Kohl’s invites families to celebrate and give back this holiday season with the Kohl’s Cares holiday collection, which includes special books and plush bundles featuring everyone’s favorite characters from Disney Frozen 2, Elmo, the Grinch, and more. For only $9 each, the holiday collection is available for a limited time, while supplies last at Kohl’s stores nationwide and on Kohls.com, with 100 percent of Kohl’s net profit benefiting nonprofit organizations that improve the well-being of children and families across the country.
- Kohl’s Season of Giving Program: Associates at Kohl’s corporate, credit, and e-commerce fulfillment and distribution center locations will spread even more holiday cheer by gifting $200,000 in monetary donations, 7,000 pounds of food and 1,500 toys to more than 20 organizations in their respective communities. Participating non-store locations include Milwaukee, Wis.; New York, NY; Dallas, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; Milpitas, Calif., Plainfield, Ind.; San Bernardino, Calif.; Edgewood, Md.; Monroe, Ohio; and DeSoto, Texas.
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a leading omnichannel retailer with more than 1,100 stores in 49 states. With a commitment to inspiring and empowering families to lead fulfilled lives, Kohl’s offers amazing national and exclusive brands, incredible savings and an easy shopping experience in our stores, online at Kohls.com and on Kohl's mobile app. Since its founding, Kohl's has given more than $700 million to support communities nationwide, with a focus on family health and wellness. For a list of store locations or to shop online, visit Kohls.com. For more information about Kohl’s impact in the community or how to join our winning team, visit Corporate.Kohls.com or follow @KohlsNews on Twitter.