This announcement is for our U.S.$5,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
December 2, 2019
To whom it may concern
Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
Notification of Progress on Stock Repurchase
At the meeting of the Board of Directors held on October 30, 2019, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (“Mitsui”) resolved to repurchase its stock in accordance with Article 156 and Article 165(3) of the Companies Act of Japan. Mitsui reports progress on stock repurchase with the following details:
- Progress on stock repurchase until November 30, 2019
- Class of share: Common stock of Mitsui
- Number of shares repurchased: 6,317,800 shares
- Cost of acquisition: 12,117,591,897 yen
- Period: From November 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019
- Accumulated total of stock repurchase until November 30, 2019 pursuant to the above resolution
- Number of shares repurchased: 6,669,100 shares
- Cost of acquisition: 12,769,937,764 yen
Details of stock repurchase resolved at the meeting of the Board of Directors held on October 30, 2019.
(1) Class of share: Common stock of Mitsui
(2) Total number of shares of common stock to be repurchased: Up to 30,000,000 shares
(1.7% of the total number of shares of common stock outstanding excluding treasury stock)
(3) Total amount: Up to 50,000,000,000 yen
(4) Period: From October 31, 2019 to March 24, 2020
(5) Repurchase method: Auction market on Tokyo Stock Exchange
For further information, please contact:
Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
Investor Relations Division Tel: +81-3-3285-7657
Corporate Communications Division Tel: +81-3-3285-7596
This announcement contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on Mitsui's current assumptions, expectations and beliefs in light of the information currently possessed by it and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Such risks, uncertainties and other factors may cause Mitsui's actual results, financial position or cash flows to be materially different from any future results, financial position or cash flows expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors referred to above include, but are not limited to, those contained in Mitsui's latest Annual Securities Report and Quarterly Securities Report, and Mitsui undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. This announcement is published in order to publicly announce specific facts stated above, and does not constitute a solicitation of investments or any similar act inside or outside of Japan, regarding the shares, bonds or other securities issued by us.