NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) presents updates for issuance volume trends and forecasts, spreads, and collateral performance trends. We’ve also included a Themes to Watch in 2020 section to highlight some of the challenges and opportunities faced by RMBS in 2019 with potential impact on the 2020 RMBS market.
- RMBS 2.0 volumes in 2019 are on target to close at around $58 billion, up 21% year-over-year (YoY) and easily outpaces the 2018 level. The main event in 2019 RMBS issuance was the tremendous growth experienced in the Non-Prime sector, which KBRA forecasts will end the year up 127% on an annualized basis.
- New Issuers: New issuers have entered the RMBS Jumbo Prime and FirstKey Mortgage sponsored the first publicly rated RMBS HELOC securitization: Towd Point HE Trust 2019-HE1.
- Performance metrics for all RMBS 2.0 sectors remain relatively positive as losses in prime, CRT, and even non-prime transactions have been nearly zero. Serious delinquencies have risen somewhat significantly for older vintages of non-prime but generally remain benign for more recent vintages.
In Q4 2019, KBRA issued pre-sale reports for 22 transactions as of November; 10 prime transactions, including one expanded-prime transaction, three Credit Risk Transfers (CRT), and five non-prime transactions.
KBRA took surveillance rating actions on 4,207 outstanding ratings in 2019, including 501 upgrades, 3,650 affirmations, and 96 withdrawals. The rating actions were mainly as a result of periodic reviews, however, a significant portion (756 rated classes) was due to an intra-annual review of KBRA’s CRT ratings across 32 transactions.
To access the report, please click here.
Related Publications: (available at www.kbra.com)
- Potential Effects of the GSE Patch Expiration
- KBRA RMBS KCAT
- KBRA Surveillance KCAT
- ABS East 2019: RMBS Recap
- 2019 SFIG Residential Finance Symposium
- IMN Non-QM Forum 2019 Recap
CONNECT WITH KBRA
About KBRA and KBRA Europe
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider, and is a certified Credit Rating Agency (CRA) by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered with ESMA as a CRA.