MONTGOMERY, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Since July 2019, the Department of Agriculture and Industries’ (ADAI) Plant Section, in collaboration with Alabama Interactive, has launched eight online applications. The applications allow ADAI to collect information and payments online, increasing efficiencies for customers and the department.
All online solutions are fully responsive and can be accessed on multiple devices. This allows for efficient reporting on-the-go and increased productivity.
The online services with key features include:
- Ginseng Dealers – Register or renew permits, report harvest locations, process state fee payments and list dealership location(s)
- Ginseng Collectors – Purchase or renew collectors permit
- Nursery Dealer – Upload or enter stock source lists, purchase shipping tags and record dealership location(s)
- Nursery Grower – Register nursery, upload or enter stock source lists and purchase shipping tags
- Apiary – Register hives and process permit application or permit renewals. Record number of bee colonies, upload or enter brand information and document hive location(s)
- Hemp Grower – Register growing location details, provide company information profile, required background checks and aerial photographs of hemp growing/processing locations
- Hemp Processor/Handler – Store licensee information and report processing/handling hemp locations, required background checks and aerial photographs of hemp growing/processing locations.
- Hemp University – Record research facilities and involved parties, required background checks and aerial photographs of hemp growing/processing locations.
About Alabama Interactive
Alabama Interactive is the official digital government solutions provider for the state of Alabama. The company builds and manages interactive government services on behalf of the state and is a wholly owned subsidiary of firm NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV).
NIC Inc. (Nasdaq: EGOV) launched the digital government industry in 1992, and continues to lead it, providing a secure payment engine and thousands of digital government solutions across a network of more than 6,000 federal, state, and local government agencies. In addition, NIC is a leading provider of outdoor recreation solutions, with 1 out of 6 hunting and fishing licenses in the United States sold using an NIC service. The Company created the nation's first personal assistant for government and comprehensive mobile platform, Gov2Go®, as well as the innovative, data-driven prescription drug monitoring platform, RxGov®. More information is available at www.egov.com.