DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Pheromones Market in Agriculture by Crop Type (Field Crops, Fruits & Nuts, Vegetable Crops), Function (Mating Disruption, Mass Trapping, Detection & Monitoring), Mode of Application (Traps, Dispensers, Sprays), Type, and Region - Global Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global pheromones market size is estimated to be valued at USD 2.4 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 5.7 billion by 2025, recording a CAGR of 15.3%.
The growing adoption of organic agriculture and sustainable farming practices coupled with the increasing demand for high-value crops such as fruits & nuts drives the growth in the market.
This report segments the seed market based on type, crop type, function, mode of application, and region. In terms of insights, this research report focuses on various levels of analyses - competitive landscape, end-use analysis, and company profiles - which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the pheromones industry, the high-growth regions, countries, government initiatives, market disruption, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Fruits & nuts are projected to be the largest segment during the forecast period.
Fruits & nuts accounted for the largest pheromones market share in 2018. This is owing to the growing export demand for fresh fruits from countries such as China, India, Argentina, Spain, and Mexico, which is also a key driver for the increase in the usage of pheromone products in this region. At a global level, consumers are shifting focusing towards consuming exotic organic nuts and tropical fruits which has also aided the growth of this market
The sex pheromones segment to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
By type, the pheromones industry is categorized as sex pheromones, aggregation pheromones, and others, which include alarm pheromones, trail pheromones, and host marking pheromones. With the growing demand for controlling the pest population, and reduce insecticide sprays; the need for adoption of sex pheromones would help in controlling both male and female pest population.
North America is estimated to account for the largest market share in the pheromones market.
In 2019, North America is estimated to account for the largest market. Countries such as the US and Canada are among the major pheromone producers in the world. The region is also a host to some leading players in the pheromones business such as Suterra LLC (US) and Russell IPM (US) Corteva Agriscience (US).
- Impact of Climatic Changes on Pest Proliferation
- Strong Demand for High-Value Crops
- Advancements in Integrated Pest Management Solutions
- Supportive Regulations for Semiochemicals
- Cost of Active Ingredients and Maintenance
- The Usage of Biologicals to Gain Traction in the Market
- Providing Customized Solutions Targeted Toward Specific Pests
- Counterfeit Products in Developing Countries
- Lack of Awareness and Low Utilization of Biologicals
- Development of Multi-Target Pest Pheromone Dispensers
Leading Players Profiled
- BASF (Germany)
- Suterra LLC (US)
- Russell IPM (US)
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Koppert Biological Systems (Netherlands)
- Isagro Group (Italy)
- Biobest Group NV (Belgium)
- ISCA Technologies (US)
- Trc Inc. (US)
- Bedoukian Research, Inc (US)
- Pherobank B.V (Netherlands)
- Certis Europe BV (Netherlands)
- Bioline Agrisciences Ltd (UK)
- Bio Controle (Brazil)
- ATGC Biotech Pvt Ltd (India)
- Sumi Agro France (France)
- SEDQ Healthy Crops S.L. (Spain)
- Laboratorios Agrochem, S.L. (Spain)
- Novagrica (Greece)
- International Pheromone Systems (UK)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/261dkj