DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Automotive Lightweight Materials Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global automotive lightweight materials market was worth US$ 82.8 Billion in 2018. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 124.3 Billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of around 7% during 2019-2024.
With rapid environmental degradation, automotive companies across the globe are developing lighter and functional materials for improving the fuel efficiency of vehicles. The usage of lightweight materials enables manufacturers to improve vehicle efficiency, as a reduction in the weight of a car leads to significant improvement in fuel economy. Consequently, the increasing fuel prices are driving the demand for lighter vehicles.
Other than this, governments of various nations have also introduced vehicle weight reduction plans in response to the need for stringent environmental regulations. Furthermore, there has been a rise in investments in R&D activities across the industry as several major players are aiming to lower the cost of these materials and increase their recyclability.
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being BASF SE, Magna International, Toray Industries, Covestro AG, ArcelorMittal, thyssenkrupp AG, Alcoa Corporation, Bayer AG, Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), PPG Industries, LyondellBasell, Novelis, Owens Corning Corporation, Grupo Antolin, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
- How has the global automotive lightweight materials market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global automotive lightweight materials industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global automotive lightweight materials industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global automotive lightweight materials industry?
- What is the structure of the global automotive lightweight materials industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global automotive lightweight materials industry?
Key Topics Covered
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Material Type
5.4 Market Breakup by Technology Type
5.5 Market Breakup by Component
5.6 Market Breakup by Application
5.7 Market Breakup by Vehicle Type
5.8 Market Breakup by Region
5.9 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Material Type
6.1.1 Market Trends
6.1.2 Market Breakup by Type
220.127.116.11 High Strength Steel (HSS)
18.104.22.168 Magnesium and Titanium
6.1.3 Market Forecast
6.2.1 Market Trends
6.2.2 Market Breakup by Type
22.214.171.124 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFPR)
126.96.36.199 Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer (GFRP)
188.8.131.52 Natural Fiber Reinforced Polymer (NFRP)
6.2.3 Market Forecast
6.3.1 Market Trends
6.3.2 Market Forecast
6.4.1 Market Trends
6.4.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Technology Type
7.1 Battery Electric Vehicle
7.2 Hybrid Electric Vehicle
7.3 Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle
8 Market Breakup by Component
8.4 Door and Seat
8.5 Instrument Panel
9 Market Breakup by Application
10 Market Breakup by Vehicle Type
10.1 Passenger Vehicles
10.2 Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs)
10.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCVs)
11 Market Breakup by Region
11.1 North America
11.4 Middle East & Africa
11.5 Latin America
12 SWOT Analysis
13 Value Chain Analysis
14 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
14.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
14.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
14.4 Degree of Competition
14.5 Threat of New Entrants
14.6 Threat of Substitutes
15 Price Analysis
16 Competitive Landscape
16.1 Market Structure
16.2 Key Players
16.3 Profiles of Key Players
16.3.1 BASF SE
16.3.2 Magna International
16.3.3 Toray Industries
16.3.4 Covestro AG
16.3.6 Thyssenkrupp AG
16.3.7 Alcoa Corporation
16.3.8 Bayer AG
16.3.9 Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
16.3.10 PPG Industries
16.3.13 Owens Corning Corporation
16.3.14 Grupo Antolin
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xflz10